40 cm x 40 cm size limit on the mousetrap vehicle

azariah
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

40 cm x 40 cm size limit on the mousetrap vehicle

Post by azariah »

I got the standard mouse trap vehicle kit from Sci Oly website. Excluding the lever arm, it does not fit within the 40 cm x 40 cm square, even if I align the vehicle diagonally in the square. Is it sufficient for the vehicle's wheel bases to fit within the 40 cm x 40 cm square?

Thanks
FiveW's
Division: C
State: IN

Re: 40 cm x 40 cm size limit on the mousetrap vehicle

Post by FiveW's »

azariah wrote: January 25th, 2020, 9:35 pm I got the standard mouse trap vehicle kit from Sci Oly website. Excluding the lever arm, it does not fit within the 40 cm x 40 cm square, even if I align the vehicle diagonally in the square. Is it sufficient for the vehicle's wheel bases to fit within the 40 cm x 40 cm square?

Thanks
According to the rules all that needs to fit in the 40x40x20 box is the wheels and treads. So, if wheels fit inside it is ok.
Avocado's Law
azariah
State: CA

Post by azariah »

Thank you so much for your response.

I didn't realize that the mousetrap vehicle had to fit in a box, it wasn't mentioned in the rules. When the vehicles are impounded at the beginning of the day, will we be given boxes of the dimension you mentioned to pack our mousetrap vehicle? The height of the box you mentioned (20 cm) will not be enough to hold the dowel because the rules require the dowel to extend at least 20 cm from the floor. This won't fit in a 20 cm high box unless the dowel is of the exact height to extend to 20 cm from the floor.

Thanks
penclspinner

Post by penclspinner »

azariah wrote: January 26th, 2020, 8:26 pm Thank you so much for your response.

I didn't realize that the mousetrap vehicle had to fit in a box, it wasn't mentioned in the rules. When the vehicles are impounded at the beginning of the day, will we be given boxes of the dimension you mentioned to pack our mousetrap vehicle? The height of the box you mentioned (20 cm) will not be enough to hold the dowel because the rules require the dowel to extend at least 20 cm from the floor. This won't fit in a 20 cm high box unless the dowel is of the exact height to extend to 20 cm from the floor.

Thanks
Dear azariah, according to 3.e., the vehicle will be measured during the "ready-to-run" position, not during impound. The measurement is a 40cm x 40cm square of any height. How your vehicle will be measured is up to the Event Supervisor -- some may have a square made up of tape or may have a yardstick to measure the length and width. There is no height requirement.

For any other concerns, I would re-read 3.e.

Return to “Mousetrap Vehicle B”