Size of Vehicle

fyuan483
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: January 13th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Size of Vehicle

Post by fyuan483 » January 28th, 2020, 12:46 pm

can the structure such as the wood of the vehicle extend beyond 0.5cm of the dowel?

Rossyspsce
Member
Member
Posts: 209
Joined: June 3rd, 2018, 5:32 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Size of Vehicle

Post by Rossyspsce » January 28th, 2020, 1:08 pm

fyuan483 wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 12:46 pm
can the structure such as the wood of the vehicle extend beyond 0.5cm of the dowel?
not beyond .5cm of the dowel. The wheels, however, can.

fyuan483
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: January 13th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Size of Vehicle

Post by fyuan483 » January 28th, 2020, 1:50 pm

Rossyspsce wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 1:08 pm
fyuan483 wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 12:46 pm
can the structure such as the wood of the vehicle extend beyond 0.5cm of the dowel?
not beyond .5cm of the dowel. The wheels, however, can.
thank you!

Wingnut
Member
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: March 31st, 2020, 11:32 am
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Size of Vehicle

Post by Wingnut » March 31st, 2020, 11:40 am

Is there any benefit to having a wider vehicle? If so, what would you categorize as the ideal width?

User avatar
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 1006
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 364 times
Been thanked: 509 times
Contact:

Re: Size of Vehicle

Post by sciolyperson1 » March 31st, 2020, 2:27 pm

Wingnut wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 11:40 am
Is there any benefit to having a wider vehicle? If so, what would you categorize as the ideal width?
No benefit, just nothing 5cm or 50cm wide. An ideal width would really be anything in the middle.
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18, BirdSO Tournament Director
'21: Gravity - Boomi - WICI - PPP - Cybersec

BEARSO: Gravity - 1st '21
MIT: LMMM - 1st '21, DigiStruc - 2nd '21, Gravity - 1st '20
PUSO: PPP - 1st '20, WIDI -1st '20

Team:
Nats - 3rd '18, '19
MIT - 1st '21, 3rd '20

Rate my tests!

User avatar
MoMoney$$$;)0)
Member
Member
Posts: 154
Joined: January 14th, 2019, 6:38 pm
Division: C
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Size of Vehicle

Post by MoMoney$$$;)0) » March 31st, 2020, 4:28 pm

sciolyperson1 wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 2:27 pm
Wingnut wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 11:40 am
Is there any benefit to having a wider vehicle? If so, what would you categorize as the ideal width?
No benefit, just nothing 5cm or 50cm wide. An ideal width would really be anything in the middle.
Who said you can't get smaller :lol:

However, jokes aside somewhere in between is usually best. Ours was about 20cm-30cm wide.
Division C - Northeast Ohio
Gravity Vehicle
Machines
Detector Building
Circuit Lab
Protein Modeling


2019-2020 Medal Count: 5 :cry:
"Don't be upset by the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do'
Memberships: Builder Cult

Locked

Return to “Gravity Vehicle C”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest