sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Rule 3.e.

Post by sciolyperson1 »

"...no part of the vehicle, except the Wheels, may extend 0.5 cm more beyond the front of the dowel."

Does this mean:
1) all parts of the car must stay behind the dowel, except the wheels which may only extend up to 0.5cm in front of the dowel and no more (my interpretation)

2) all parts of the vehicle can stay up to 0.5cm in front of the dowel, except for the wheels, which can go as much as you want in front of the dowel?
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
xiangyu
Division: Grad
State: MI

Re: Rule 3.e.

Post by xiangyu »

sciolyperson1 wrote: November 29th, 2019, 2:55 pm "...no part of the vehicle, except the Wheels, may extend 0.5 cm more beyond the front of the dowel."

Does this mean:
1) all parts of the car must stay behind the dowel, except the wheels which may only extend up to 0.5cm in front of the dowel and no more (my interpretation)

2) all parts of the vehicle can stay up to 0.5cm in front of the dowel, except for the wheels, which can go as much as you want in front of the dowel?
I interpret it as #2.
Medal & Ribbon Count: 33
Former EGRHS Team Captain 2017-2021
https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Xiangyu
Tendan
Division: C
State: PA
Been thanked: 0

Post by Tendan »

xiangyu wrote: November 29th, 2019, 4:03 pm
sciolyperson1 wrote: November 29th, 2019, 2:55 pm "...no part of the vehicle, except the Wheels, may extend 0.5 cm more beyond the front of the dowel."

Does this mean:

I interpret it as #2.
agreed, I'd say #2
2019 - 2020 Events
~ Boomilever
~ Detector Building
~ Gravity Vehicle
~ Machines
~ Ping-Pong Parachute
Things2do
Division: Grad
State: TN

Post by Things2do »

Tendan wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 7:20 am
xiangyu wrote: November 29th, 2019, 4:03 pm

Does this mean:

I interpret it as #2.
agreed, I'd say #2
I agree that it's most likely #2, but I'd recommend submitting a Rules Clarification if you're unsure.
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki

Return to “Gravity Vehicle C”