Rule 2(a)

sciolyiscool
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rule 2(a)

Post by sciolyiscool »

The rule specifies that teams need to bring counterweights to secure their ramps. What does this mean? What can be used as a counterweight, and where on the ramp do they go?
Airco2020

Re: Rule 2(a)

Post by Airco2020 »

I don't think it's a "need to" it's just saying it's allowed. We put books on the bottom of the ramp, under the ramp surface. The purpose is to just make sure the ramp doesn't move easily after you get it lined up and while you trigger the release. The counter weights have to still be in the 50cm X 50cm box, so put something underneath on the bottom of your ramp so you can add weights without going outside the width of the ramp.

I didn't know you couldn't have a hand resting on ramp when you release, only the No 2 pencil can be touching any part of the ramp, our release tended to cause the ramp to move. Better with the books, but I need to make something new for the next time.
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

Has anyone tried suction cups to stick the ramp to the gym floor?
Airco2020

Post by Airco2020 »

knightmoves wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 10:06 am Has anyone tried suction cups to stick the ramp to the gym floor?
I think that would be a great idea. May not work on all floors, but would be great for a lot of them.

Return to “Gravity Vehicle C”