2020-2021 Season?

dankdecidueye
Has thanked: 0

2020-2021 Season?

Post by dankdecidueye »

Hey everyone!

I hope you're doing well and staying safe during these unprecedented times. I heard about how building events would be canceled for the upcoming season. I also got wood a few days ago as well to prepare for next season. Is it worth it to continue building for next season or should I return my wood? Is there even a chance for building events to return for next season?
RiverWalker88
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NM
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: 2020-2021 Season?

Post by RiverWalker88 »

I would say that it depends. Each tournament has potential to run differently (the list of potential tournament models, as well as the SOInc page explaining them is here). Obviously, the in-person model, if it is able to happen, will (probably) hold build events. The Satellite SO model will run events online, but a team will run events in their school. This model is also likely to hold build events, given that the tournament is willing to coordinate the challenge that running the builds may provide. It is highly likely that if a state (and probably a regional) competition runs Satellite, they would also run builds. The last tournament style is mini SO, where all events will be run from a person's house, and build events and lab events were cancelled for safety concerns.

So, I would think that it would still be worth it to continue builds, especially if your schools are open, as it is likely that you will be seeing at least one tournament in 2021 holding build events.
These users thanked the author RiverWalker88 for the post:
gz839918 (July 21st, 2020, 7:03 am)
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology '26, Physics

Return to “Boomilever B/C”