Boomilever B/C

BigBootyBason
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Boomilever B/C

Post by BigBootyBason »

most people don't but the blue ca is super runny and it kinda stung when you touch it for me. I use the purple which is a little thicker so id recommend that
klastyioer
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by klastyioer »

BigBootyBason wrote: September 9th, 2019, 7:59 am most people don't but the blue ca is super runny and it kinda stung when you touch it for me. I use the purple which is a little thicker so id recommend that
its usually used more in flight events
it's not about the medals; go out there and have fun. make progress, learn a few things and have one heck of a time; that's all that matters.

Check out Klastyioer's Userpage!
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by sciolyperson1 »

klastyioer wrote: September 9th, 2019, 7:37 am
MTV<=>Operator wrote: September 8th, 2019, 2:13 pm
annabelle0308 wrote: September 8th, 2019, 11:40 am Hi, can anybody suggest a good adhesive for this event? Also, do we need to build our own test apparatus?

Thanks!
Annabelle
I know my team used this stuff last year and we plan on using it again this year. >> http://bsi-inc.com/hobby/insta_cure.html
It's really thin and gets absorbed into the wood so all you need is one drop for a joint and it dries almost instantly. Make sure to wear goggles while using this stuff though.

wait you guys use goggles when using ca? like ik youre supposed to but i feel like most ppl dont
At the scioly camp that i teach at over the summer, on two different occasions did dumb idiots get glue in their eye or eyelids, after the obligatory long as heck safety lessons... you never know what happens I guess
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
klastyioer
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by klastyioer »

sciolyperson1 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 5:37 pm
klastyioer wrote: September 9th, 2019, 7:37 am
MTV<=>Operator wrote: September 8th, 2019, 2:13 pm

I know my team used this stuff last year and we plan on using it again this year. >> http://bsi-inc.com/hobby/insta_cure.html
It's really thin and gets absorbed into the wood so all you need is one drop for a joint and it dries almost instantly. Make sure to wear goggles while using this stuff though.

wait you guys use goggles when using ca? like ik youre supposed to but i feel like most ppl dont
At the scioly camp that i teach at over the summer, on two different occasions did dumb idiots get glue in their eye or eyelids, after the obligatory long as heck safety lessons... you never know what happens I guess
literally got glue on my entire palm once oops
it's not about the medals; go out there and have fun. make progress, learn a few things and have one heck of a time; that's all that matters.

Check out Klastyioer's Userpage!
CookiePie1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by CookiePie1 »

I got glue on my bedsheets bc i was working in my room, and it's there forever now.
South Brunswick High School Captain '22
2020 Events: Protein Modeling, Ping Pong Parachute, Wright Stuff, Sounds of Music
2021 Events: Protein Modeling, Sounds of Music, Ornithology
2022 Events: TBD

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

Last year someone managed to glue the entire sleeve of his new winter coat to the table, but I've never known anyone manage to glue their eyes. Everyone glues their fingers together at some point, and everyone manages to glue themself to their build.

CA does fume when it cures, but the quantities that you use in any of the balsa events are so small that googles might be overkill.
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by sciolyperson1 »

knightmoves wrote: September 10th, 2019, 9:03 am Last year someone managed to glue the entire sleeve of his new winter coat to the table, but I've never known anyone manage to glue their eyes. Everyone glues their fingers together at some point, and everyone manages to glue themself to their build.

CA does fume when it cures, but the quantities that you use in any of the balsa events are so small that googles might be overkill.

I think ca fumes when in contact with foam, not quite sure tho
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: IN

Post by CPScienceDude »

One time my boomi friends walked over and quickly dropped some glue on my palm and then sprayed it with accelerator... It was a lot of glue too.
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

sciolyperson1 wrote: September 10th, 2019, 11:57 am I think ca fumes when in contact with foam, not quite sure tho
If you're building on foam board, I'd recommend covering it with packing tape or something.
AngelMB
State: FL
Been thanked: 0

Post by AngelMB »

CPScienceDude wrote: September 10th, 2019, 12:07 pm One time my boomi friends walked over and quickly dropped some glue on my palm and then sprayed it with accelerator... It was a lot of glue too.
Did you get massively burned? That sounds ridiculously painful, the closest I've been to this was getting welts from accidentally getting hot glue on my lips and chin
Boca High '20

2020 Events
Boomi, Circuits, Detector, Gravity

Nats Placements 2019
Mission - 1st
Circuits - 7th
Mousetrap - 23rd

Return to “Boomilever B/C”