Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Direction Confusion

Post by CookiePie1 »

DerechosRYummy wrote: February 24th, 2020, 2:31 pm
donutsandcupcakes wrote: February 24th, 2020, 2:38 am
DerechosRYummy wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 9:37 am

Yup...Btw do your strings ever get tangled? Cuz sometimes ours will and we have to take off the tape, untangle the ends, and then redo the taping (that happened at a tournament :cry:)
Ours do get tangled but after so many tangles we now know how to untangle it without taking out tape so that helps, but sometimes the tangles r so bad that we HAVE to take the tape out. But people suggest taping strings on ping pong individually (it reduces tangling and it makes it easier to untangle).
That's one of the things I was worried about, do they give you enough time to untangle your parachute?
I'm assuming by they you mean the event supervisor? At one of our tournaments, we had really bad tangles right before we were going to go, so we just spent about 5 minutes to repair, and then went to the event supervisor. I'd recommend making sure that your parachute is untangled before going up to the event supervisor, as you might not have enough repair time.
we use 1 or 2 parachutes for testing and calibration, which we let them tangle up and it doesn't really matter. Then, we build a new parachute before competitions and don't even use it until we go, and they usually stay untangled before we launch. We bring along the other stuff to use as backups as well.
South Brunswick High School Captain '22
2020 Events: Protein Modeling, Ping Pong Parachute, Wright Stuff, Sounds of Music
2021 Events: Protein Modeling, Sounds of Music, Ornithology
2022 Events: TBD

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
DerechosRYummy
Division: C
State: VA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Direction Confusion

Post by DerechosRYummy »

CookiePie1 wrote: February 24th, 2020, 7:16 pm
DerechosRYummy wrote: February 24th, 2020, 2:31 pm
donutsandcupcakes wrote: February 24th, 2020, 2:38 am

Ours do get tangled but after so many tangles we now know how to untangle it without taking out tape so that helps, but sometimes the tangles r so bad that we HAVE to take the tape out. But people suggest taping strings on ping pong individually (it reduces tangling and it makes it easier to untangle).
That's one of the things I was worried about, do they give you enough time to untangle your parachute?
I'm assuming by they you mean the event supervisor? At one of our tournaments, we had really bad tangles right before we were going to go, so we just spent about 5 minutes to repair, and then went to the event supervisor. I'd recommend making sure that your parachute is untangled before going up to the event supervisor, as you might not have enough repair time.
we use 1 or 2 parachutes for testing and calibration, which we let them tangle up and it doesn't really matter. Then, we build a new parachute before competitions and don't even use it until we go, and they usually stay untangled before we launch. We bring along the other stuff to use as backups as well.
We only use our competition parachute for finishing our flight log, and untangle it before the actual tournament. That way, we know that it's reliable but not overused. We're probably going to start building 2 of each parachute now, in case of emergencies...

Return to “Ping Pong Parachute B/C”