Nerd Inc. Launcher Problems

Kyky
Division: B
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nerd Inc. Launcher Problems

Post by Kyky »

We had some issues with the green button falling off but not with the button not working. Our launcher doesn't have too many issues with launching low pressures either. We did have the launcher issue with the O-rings causing the rocket not to launch but lubricating with some chapstick worked fine.
Eagle Hill Middle School
2019 Events: Herp <3 , WIDI, Game On, sorta Road
2020 Events: Orni, WIDI, PPP :P
2021 Events: :(
Wolf865
State: TN
Has thanked: 0

Post by Wolf865 »

Nerd type launcher kept malfunctioning at our regional too. Hit or miss as to whether it would release the rockets. They finally had to borrow our homemade launcher to finish the event. From your experiences, do your launches appear to have different results (i.e. height) based on the launchers being used? I’ve heard a couple people express concerns about there being a difference? Tried to make our launchers with the #94 o-rings but after awhile they all started leaking. Came up with an easier way to make a consistent tube bulge so switched over to that for the launch tubes.
xiangyu
Division: Grad
State: MI
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by xiangyu »

Wolf865 wrote: March 9th, 2020, 7:43 am Nerd type launcher kept malfunctioning at our regional too. Hit or miss as to whether it would release the rockets. They finally had to borrow our homemade launcher to finish the event. From your experiences, do your launches appear to have different results (i.e. height) based on the launchers being used? I’ve heard a couple people express concerns about there being a difference? Tried to make our launchers with the #94 o-rings but after awhile they all started leaking. Came up with an easier way to make a consistent tube bulge so switched over to that for the launch tubes.
Yes, nozzle tightness and some other factors affect height. An old launcher of mine would shoot my rocket to the ceiling with only 20 psi while for the nerd launcher I need 36 psi - quite the difference.
Medal & Ribbon Count: 33
Former EGRHS Team Captain 2017-2021
https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Xiangyu

Return to “Ping Pong Parachute B/C”