Southern California testing room height

Godspeed
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Southern California testing room height

Post by Godspeed »

Does anybody know what the height for the SoCal state tournament is for Ping Pong Parachute?
Thanks!
lumps
Division: B
Has thanked: 0

Re: Southern California testing room height

Post by lumps »

I believe that they changed it to outdoor this year, so there is no room height.
Airco2020

Post by Airco2020 »

I'm curious for the people flying outside, how high have people been able to get the rocket to go? What's the best way to get the most height? Just reduce weight?

Our state tournament will be in a 90ft high facility so I'm thinking ahead to how we take advantage of that height.
CookiePie1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by CookiePie1 »

Airco2020 wrote: February 25th, 2020, 12:52 pm I'm curious for the people flying outside, how high have people been able to get the rocket to go? What's the best way to get the most height? Just reduce weight?

Our state tournament will be in a 90ft high facility so I'm thinking ahead to how we take advantage of that height.
lol i don't think anyone could possibly get tiered. You could probably focus on making your rocket as streamlined and light as possible and try to get it to go as high as you can with 65 psi.
South Brunswick High School Captain '22
2020 Events: Protein Modeling, Ping Pong Parachute, Wright Stuff, Sounds of Music
2021 Events: Protein Modeling, Sounds of Music, Ornithology
2022 Events: TBD

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Airco2020

Post by Airco2020 »

CookiePie1 wrote: February 25th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Airco2020 wrote: February 25th, 2020, 12:52 pm I'm curious for the people flying outside, how high have people been able to get the rocket to go? What's the best way to get the most height? Just reduce weight?

lol i don't think anyone could possibly get tiered. You could probably focus on making your rocket as streamlined and light as possible and try to get it to go as high as you can with 65 psi.
That's my plan, just didn't know how high it could get. Figured the outside fliers in socal have been doing this all season and might have some tips.
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Umaroth »

Airco2020 wrote: February 25th, 2020, 1:36 pm

That's my plan, just didn't know how high it could get. Figured the outside fliers in socal have been doing this all season and might have some tips.
Northern California runs outdoors, not SoCal
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Umaroth wrote: February 25th, 2020, 1:45 pm
Airco2020 wrote: February 25th, 2020, 1:36 pm

Northern California runs outdoors, not SoCal
Yeah, NorCal is outdoor. The location for the tournament is indoors.

Return to “Ping Pong Parachute B/C”