Action iv: Pour water into container to raise golf ball

nateDC
Division: C
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Action iv: Pour water into container to raise golf ball

Post by nateDC »

Krish2007 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 10:34 am
DemonicPillows wrote: January 26th, 2020, 8:34 am I know this might be odd, but my partner and I have a hard time finding a way to pour the water into a container. We don't really understand the ideas and timing of how to unleash the water. We were thinking of either capaillay action or a homopolar motor, but both these ideas seem unrealistic and quite hard. Any ideas of how we can use the water?
If I understand your problem, then you don't even need to pour water into a container. Why not just use a pipe to make the water flow. If the pipe is low enough then water can flow through it. trdd listed a few ways to do this above, like making a pipe fall from a very high position where water can't flow through the pipe. Just look above at trdd's post and look at all of the ways there. You don't even have to use the 3d printed parts, you can just use any bottle and it still works. I hope this answers your question!
Another option is to have a cork in your tube with a string attached to it over a pulley. Put a heavy enough mass on the other end, and you can pop the cork out and allow water to flow.
I can't think of anything else to put here, so I just wrote this...
Flavorflav
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0

Re: Action iv: Pour water into container to raise golf ball

Post by Flavorflav »

The rules state that the ball must "roll out of the top of the container." Would anyone see a problem in having one side of the container cut away slightly to ensure that the balls rolls out where the student intends it to, or do you think that the depressed side would no longer be considered to be the "top of the container?"

Return to “Mission Possible B”