Division: C
State: NC
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Action vi: Up the inclined plane

Post by Havocgamer49 »

builder83 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 6:51 am
Havocgamer49 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 6:45 am
builder83 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 6:20 am

There is something in the rules. No movable object can be used in multiple tasks, except the initial golf ball that is used for the start/final task.
But my ramp is not "movable" as it is fixed to the wall. And I am only planning to use this ramp for the golf ball to go down and come back up.
If you are only using that golf ball for 1 task you are fine. If not, the golf ball is a movable object being used for multiple tasks and would only count towards 1 scorable action. Any fixed object, like the ramp, can be used in as many tasks as you want.
I see what you are saying. So the issue is with using that same golf ball for multiple actions. Is there anything in the rules saying that I could not use that golf ball (movable object) for one score-able action, and one nonscore-able action?
Havocgamer49's Userpage
Jay M Robinson Varsity Team 2017-2020
2017-2018 Events: Disease Detectives, Rocks and Minerals
2018-2019 Events: Disease Detectives, Duct Tape Challenge, Fossils
2019-2020 Events: Disease Detectives, Fossils, Mission Possible, Reach for the Stars
builder83
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Action vi: Up the inclined plane

Post by builder83 »

Havocgamer49 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 6:57 am
builder83 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 6:51 am
Havocgamer49 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 6:45 am

But my ramp is not "movable" as it is fixed to the wall. And I am only planning to use this ramp for the golf ball to go down and come back up.
If you are only using that golf ball for 1 task you are fine. If not, the golf ball is a movable object being used for multiple tasks and would only count towards 1 scorable action. Any fixed object, like the ramp, can be used in as many tasks as you want.
I see what you are saying. So the issue is with using that same golf ball for multiple actions. Is there anything in the rules saying that I could not use that golf ball (movable object) for one score-able action, and one nonscore-able action?
Yes, same rule I believe. It says moveable objects can only be used 'at most one assigned action'. Scoreable or not, the intent is not to use objects over and over. You have to list all actions. Maybe somebody else reads this differently? Good luck!

Return to “Mission Possible B”