Action viii: 3rd class lever

trdd
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Action viii: 3rd class lever

Post by trdd »

Action viii:
Use a 3rd class lever to raise a golf ball at least 5 vertical cm. After rising at least 5 vertical cm, the golf ball must initiate the next action.

Use this post to comment on this task.
GPRSTEM

Re: Action viii: 3rd class lever

Post by GPRSTEM »

Should the path taken by the golf ball be vertical linear only?
trdd

Post by trdd »

GPRSTEM wrote: December 20th, 2019, 8:59 pm Should the path taken by the golf ball be vertical linear only?
The ball path can be anything as long as the total vertical distance raised is 5cm. So the path can certainly be the arc of a circle,
dhairyaa123

Post by dhairyaa123 »

It is told in the rules that the ball that is being raised has to initiate the next action. My question here is that after raising the ball on the ramp can it go down the ramp to initiate the next action or is it required that it hits something above it in order for the next action to occur.In my understanding from what has been written in the forum above is that as long as i raise the ball 5 centimeters it is totally fine for it to go down the ramp. I would appreciate some clarifications on that rule. Thanks
nateDC
Division: C
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by nateDC »

dhairyaa123 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 1:36 pm It is told in the rules that the ball that is being raised has to initiate the next action. My question here is that after raising the ball on the ramp can it go down the ramp to initiate the next action or is it required that it hits something above it in order for the next action to occur.In my understanding from what has been written in the forum above is that as long as i raise the ball 5 centimeters it is totally fine for it to go down the ramp. I would appreciate some clarifications on that rule. Thanks
I'm not sure whether the ball is allowed to go back down to initiate the next action. I would advise checking soinc.org FRQs.
I can't think of anything else to put here, so I just wrote this...

Return to “Mission Possible B”