Final Action BONUS (150 points)

Ltrikie415
Division: B
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Final Action BONUS (150 points)

Post by Ltrikie415 »

Thanks. Going to soinc.org/mission-possible for updated rules really helps. I got these updates via email as well but somehow missed or forgotten it.
Clammy
Division: C
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Clammy »

2019-2020 socal
Ornithology, Mission Possible, A&P, EL Gliders
Krish2007
State: TX
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Krish2007 »

Clammy wrote: January 14th, 2020, 1:09 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQnhfBV9YSc
how did that dude do it?
This design is actually quite simple. It is comprised of a first class lever (with the fulcrum in the middle). One side is weighted so that it is less heavy than the other side with the golf ball, but more heavy when the golf ball is not on the lever. Basically, if the golf ball is able to roll, the side it is on will go down because the farther it is, the more force it is exerting on the lever. When the golf ball is no longer on the lever, then the lever is free to rise again. If anyone can explain better, please do, for I might be wrong. Hope this helps Clammy!
Seven Lakes High School '25
Beckendorff Junior High '21
Clammy
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Clammy »

Krish2007 wrote: January 14th, 2020, 2:39 pm
Clammy wrote: January 14th, 2020, 1:09 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQnhfBV9YSc
how did that dude do it?
This design is actually quite simple. It is comprised of a first class lever (with the fulcrum in the middle). One side is weighted so that it is less heavy than the other side with the golf ball, but more heavy when the golf ball is not on the lever. Basically, if the golf ball is able to roll, the side it is on will go down because the farther it is, the more force it is exerting on the lever. When the golf ball is no longer on the lever, then the lever is free to rise again. If anyone can explain better, please do, for I might be wrong. Hope this helps Clammy!
Thank you!!!
2019-2020 socal
Ornithology, Mission Possible, A&P, EL Gliders
kjlokesh

Post by kjlokesh »

If there is a touch on the Final Action and delivery system moves away 10 cm. Is final action is complete and is the bonus awarded?
Krish2007
State: TX
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Krish2007 »

kjlokesh wrote: February 28th, 2020, 8:06 am If there is a touch on the Final Action and delivery system moves away 10 cm. Is final action is complete and is the bonus awarded?
No. Your timing is stopped when the golf ball touches the golf tee, but you lose credit for the final action and final action bonus. I might be wrong though, so Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Seven Lakes High School '25
Beckendorff Junior High '21
kjlokesh

Post by kjlokesh »

Thanks Krish, I sent you private message not sure whether yoiu received it. I appreciate if you could reply back. thanks

Return to “Mission Possible B”