Setup Time.

KaRe2020
Division: B
State: NC
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Setup Time.

Post by KaRe2020 »

I have a question about the Mission Possible setup time. I would like to confirm what can be done during this setup time and what can be done prior to setup with regards to the device.
nateDC
Division: C
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Setup Time.

Post by nateDC »

KaRe2020 wrote: January 7th, 2020, 11:45 am I have a question about the Mission Possible setup time. I would like to confirm what can be done during this setup time and what can be done prior to setup with regards to the device.
At the competition, you can only set up during the 30 minutes given (for points; if you take over 30 mins you don't get points). Prior to the competition day, you can do whatever you want to make set-up as smooth as possible. As to what can be done, anything can be done to set up your device within the rules.
I can't think of anything else to put here, so I just wrote this...
Phenakism
State: CA

Post by Phenakism »

If you are waiting for your device to be ran in front of the judges and something goes wrong, would you be allowed to fix it or is your device expected to stay perfect throughout the time it takes for the proctor to check it?
COMPS (Mira Loma, Christensen, Regs, States [nvm]):
Mission Possible 4-8-1 (send golf balls pls)
Game On 8-1-1
Heredity 4-2-2

Current ~ Mission Possible, Heredity, Game On
Send golf balls
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

Phenakism wrote: January 28th, 2020, 6:59 pm If you are waiting for your device to be ran in front of the judges and something goes wrong, would you be allowed to fix it or is your device expected to stay perfect throughout the time it takes for the proctor to check it?
You should always be allowed to fix it - until the ES starts the clock, your run hasn't started, so you're still in the preparation phase. If you set your device up, tell the ES you're ready (in order to claim your 50 point bonus for taking less than 30 minutes), and then have to re-adjust at a point more than 30 minutes after the start of your session, then you'd forfeit the bonus.
Phenakism
State: CA

Post by Phenakism »

knightmoves wrote: January 29th, 2020, 11:16 am
Phenakism wrote: January 28th, 2020, 6:59 pm If you are waiting for your device to be ran in front of the judges and something goes wrong, would you be allowed to fix it or is your device expected to stay perfect throughout the time it takes for the proctor to check it?
You should always be allowed to fix it - until the ES starts the clock, your run hasn't started, so you're still in the preparation phase. If you set your device up, tell the ES you're ready (in order to claim your 50 point bonus for taking less than 30 minutes), and then have to re-adjust at a point more than 30 minutes after the start of your session, then you'd forfeit the bonus.
Got it, Thank you!
COMPS (Mira Loma, Christensen, Regs, States [nvm]):
Mission Possible 4-8-1 (send golf balls pls)
Game On 8-1-1
Heredity 4-2-2

Current ~ Mission Possible, Heredity, Game On
Send golf balls
Flavorflav
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0

Post by Flavorflav »

knightmoves wrote: January 29th, 2020, 11:16 am
If a team tells me that they are ready, I stop their clock and have them back away until we are ready for them to run. If they then decide they need to do another adjustment, I'd start their clock again. This means that you might not forfeit the bonus 30 minutes from the time you started prep, if some of that 30 minutes was judges' time.

Return to “Mission Possible B”