Can the golf ball in the starting or final action be used in other storable actions?

Devinszhang
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can the golf ball in the starting or final action be used in other storable actions?

Post by Devinszhang »

Each movable/adjustable physical object in the Device must be utilized by at most one assigned action (except the golf ball in the Start and Final Actions)

If I interpreted correctly, the golf ball in the staring and final actions can also be used in other scoreable actions.
builder83

Re: Can the golf ball in the starting or final action be used in other storable actions?

Post by builder83 »

Devinszhang wrote: January 14th, 2020, 3:48 pm Each movable/adjustable physical object in the Device must be utilized by at most one assigned action (except the golf ball in the Start and Final Actions)

If I interpreted correctly, the golf ball in the staring and final actions can also be used in other scoreable actions.
Good question. I believe the 'in start and final actions' means ONLY the start/final actions. How I read it anyway. Might make it easy and just buy a few more golf balls...
Devinszhang

Re: Can the golf ball in the starting or final action be used in other storable actions?

Post by Devinszhang »

It is not really just a couple more golf balls but introducing unnecessary triggers and probability of fail. Who has the ultimate privilege in explaining this?
GPRSTEM

Post by GPRSTEM »

Devinszhang wrote: January 15th, 2020, 10:48 am It is not really just a couple more golf balls but introducing unnecessary triggers and probability of fail. Who has the ultimate privilege in explaining this?
This is the link on SOINC.org to post the question to receive an official answer. --> https://www.soinc.org/division-b-events
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

Devinszhang wrote: January 15th, 2020, 10:48 am It is not really just a couple more golf balls but introducing unnecessary triggers and probability of fail.
Don't understand this bit - re-using the same golf ball is more complicated than having several single-purpose golf balls.

I see what you're doing with your interpretation of the rules, but like others, I think your reading is neither what is said, nor what is intended. I would expect an ES and an arbitrator to rule against you. But GPRSTEM sent you to the only place you can get an official clarification.
Devinszhang

Post by Devinszhang »

Thanks everyone for your helps in clarifying this point.

My second to last action is using the same ball as the final action. I have to change the design somewhat.

Return to “Mission Possible B”