Target Time

stran1234
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Target Time

Post by stran1234 »

Hi!

So, I was looking at the SCIOLY rules for this event and wondered what was the point of the target operation time. Is the point of the time to get closest to it? I saw that if your machine finished earlier than the target time, then you would get points... Doesn't that take away the point of the target time? I was just a bit confused...
kjlokesh

Re: Target Time

Post by kjlokesh »

I used the mission possible official worksheet to find out the difference between the Target time and opertion time. 4 points per second deducted if the device completes before the target time and 2 points per second after target time.

Can someone confirms this?
Havocgamer49
Division: C
State: NC
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Havocgamer49 »

According to the rules, isn't it 4 points for every second the device runs up to the target operation time.

Section 5. g. in the rules states: "g. Award 4 points for each full second (rounded down) of operation up to the Target Operation Time"

So for example, if the target operation time is a minute, and the device runs for 58 seconds, the team would be awarded 232 points.

For every second the device runs over the target operation time costs it 2 points.

So for example, if the target operation time is a minute, and the device runs for 62 seconds, the team would be awarded (60 x 4) = 240. (2 x 2) = 4, 240-4=236 points.
Havocgamer49's Userpage
Jay M Robinson Varsity Team 2017-2020
2017-2018 Events: Disease Detectives, Rocks and Minerals
2018-2019 Events: Disease Detectives, Duct Tape Challenge, Fossils
2019-2020 Events: Disease Detectives, Fossils, Mission Possible, Reach for the Stars
kjlokesh

Post by kjlokesh »

gotcha!! Looks like i need to read the rules again :-)

Return to “Mission Possible B”