Detector building test

dullkitchenknife
Division: C
State: NM
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Detector building test

Post by dullkitchenknife »

does anyone know what the test for detector building is gonna be like? there are literally no sample tests that i can find and the only thing i see is that it might be similar to the circuit lab test.
bearasauras
State: CA

Re: Detector building test

Post by bearasauras »

On the National web page for Detector Building, there's a sample test in the Event Supervisor Guide.
IvySO
State: PA

Post by IvySO »

How do you study the "process of calibration." Does anyone have any resources to get started on this part of the test.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

IvySO wrote: December 6th, 2019, 12:26 pm How do you study the "process of calibration." Does anyone have any resources to get started on this part of the test.
How do you go from a circuit that has a thermally-dependent electrical change to a temperature reading?
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Reeeeeee
State: CA

Post by Reeeeeee »

Does anyone know for the written test portion if there are notes allowed? On the event parameters, it says there can be allowed a three-ring binder but I'm not sure if this is only to hold the papers for the design log. I just want to clarify, thank you.
LIPX3

Post by LIPX3 »

Reeeeeee wrote: February 9th, 2020, 11:29 am Does anyone know for the written test portion if there are notes allowed? On the event parameters, it says there can be allowed a three-ring binder but I'm not sure if this is only to hold the papers for the design log. I just want to clarify, thank you.
You can bring anything - notes are included in anything.
MoMoney$$$;)0)
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by MoMoney$$$;)0) »

You know what I find funny. The same test was used for the Solon Invitational, Detector Building test; and I heard that a lot of people got a 100 percent. No wonder. :?: :?:
Division C - Northeast Ohio
Gravity Vehicle
Machines
Detector Building
Circuit Lab
Protein Modeling

2019-2020 Medal Count: 5 :cry:
"Don't be upset by the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do'
Memberships: Builder Cult
LIPX3

Post by LIPX3 »

MoMoney$$$;)0) wrote: February 10th, 2020, 5:21 pm You know what I find funny. The same test was used for the Solon Invitational, Detector Building test; and I heard that a lot of people got a 100 percent. No wonder. :?: :?:
Multiple tournaments have used the same test in fact. I think a big reason for this is that most ES's don't have any real experience with the material of the event, or at least enough experience to right a good test.

Return to “Detector Building C”