Issue with Water Temperature

LIPX3
Division: C
Has thanked: 0

Issue with Water Temperature

Post by LIPX3 »

At a recent tournament, I experienced an ES who was adamant than the water temperature was 0 to 100 °C. When I showed him the section in the rules saying otherwise, he provided the event supervisor guide, which can be seen here. This document, which is linked to from SOINC.org, (see here), does in fact say that "temperature within the test range of 0 °C to 100 °C". This must be fixed as soon as possible.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Issue with Water Temperature

Post by bernard »

If resources disagree, follow the rules manual and any rules clarifications/changes on soinc.org, as directed by the logistics manual: "RULES, INCLUDING THE GENERAL RULES, ALWAYS TAKE PRECEDENCE."
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
YeagerTheCat

Post by YeagerTheCat »

The temp range when it was a trial event was 0-100 but I think it was modified down for safety reasons (people knocking over boiling water).
LIPX3
Division: C

Post by LIPX3 »

bernard wrote: January 28th, 2020, 9:21 pm If resources disagree, follow the rules manual and any rules clarifications/changes on soinc.org, as directed by the logistics manual: "RULES, INCLUDING THE GENERAL RULES, ALWAYS TAKE PRECEDENCE."
I understand that, but if they're even going to bother publishing an event supervisor guide, the information should be correct.
YeagerTheCat

Post by YeagerTheCat »

Oh I agree sir. You are good and wise on this front.

Return to “Detector Building C”