Stalling

mosdus20
Has thanked: 0

Stalling

Post by mosdus20 »

We have been having an issue where after the plane flies for 20 seconds it begins to stall then slide out backwards. I don't know if it is a torque issue or an issue issue with the incline. But we have fiddled with everything and always get the same stalling action. Has anyone else had the same problem?
bjt4888
Division: C
State: MI

Re: Stalling

Post by bjt4888 »

Mos,

If you could please supply some details, we can give very specific help (ex. Airplane design, wing incidence, center of gravity location, stabilizer incidence, wing washin, propeller type and pitch angle, motor length and weight, number of max turns and backoff turns, motor max torque and launch torque, rudder offset and turn direction),

Brian T
Maxout

Re: Stalling

Post by Maxout »

mosdus20 wrote: February 6th, 2020, 1:20 pm We have been having an issue where after the plane flies for 20 seconds it begins to stall then slide out backwards. I don't know if it is a torque issue or an issue issue with the incline. But we have fiddled with everything and always get the same stalling action. Has anyone else had the same problem?
Sounds like a CG issue (I've seen this before). Try sliding the wing back in 1/8" increments and see if it makes the problem go away.
Josh Finn

Return to “Wright Stuff C”