Page 3 of 10

Re: Fossils B/C

Posted: December 26th, 2019, 3:39 pm
by hmmm
reninkidney wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 1:30 pm
1. Identify this specimen to the genus and class level:
Image

2. What is the difference between Holochroal and Schizochroal eyes? Which type of eyes does this specimen posses?

3. What are the 3 types of trilobite facial sutures?

4. Identify this specimen:
Image
What is this specimen made of?
1.eldredgeops,trilobita
2.holochroal has 1 cornea, schizochroal has fewer lenses each with its own cornea; this is schizochroal
3.proparian, gonatoparian, opisthoparian
4. Stromatolites; sediment trapped between biofilms of cyanobacteria

Re: Fossils B/C

Posted: December 28th, 2019, 7:51 pm
by reninkidney
hmmm wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 3:39 pm
reninkidney wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 1:30 pm
1. Identify this specimen to the genus and class level:
Image

2. What is the difference between Holochroal and Schizochroal eyes? Which type of eyes does this specimen posses?

3. What are the 3 types of trilobite facial sutures?

4. Identify this specimen:
Image
What is this specimen made of?
1.eldredgeops,trilobita
2.holochroal has 1 cornea, schizochroal has fewer lenses each with its own cornea; this is schizochroal
3.proparian, gonatoparian, opisthoparian
4. Stromatolites; sediment trapped between biofilms of cyanobacteria
All right... Your turn!

Re: Fossils B/C

Posted: January 4th, 2020, 2:14 pm
by hmmm
Image
1.ID the genus
2. Which lagerstatten is it found in, which state is it found in, what period are the fossils, and which type of lagerstatten is it?

Re: Fossils B/C

Posted: January 4th, 2020, 3:09 pm
by Name
hmmm wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 2:14 pm
Image
1.ID the genus
2. Which lagerstatten is it found in, which state is it found in, what period are the fossils, and which type of lagerstatten is it?
1. coelophysis
2. ghost ranch, NM, Triassic, Konservat lagerstatten

Re: Fossils B/C

Posted: January 4th, 2020, 5:23 pm
by hmmm
Name wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 3:09 pm
hmmm wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 2:14 pm
Image
1.ID the genus
2. Which lagerstatten is it found in, which state is it found in, what period are the fossils, and which type of lagerstatten is it?
1. coelophysis
2. ghost ranch, NM, Triassic, Konservat lagerstatten
Yep, your turn

Re: Fossils B/C

Posted: January 4th, 2020, 5:41 pm
by Name
Image
1. ID this specimen
2. What geologic time period are they from?
3. T/F this specimen has a worldwide distribution.
4. With what other fossils are these found with? Why is this so?

Re: Fossils B/C

Posted: January 4th, 2020, 6:59 pm
by hmmm
Name wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 5:41 pm
Image
1. ID this specimen
2. What geologic time period are they from?
3. T/F this specimen has a worldwide distribution.
4. With what other fossils are these found with? Why is this so?
1. Platyceras
2.Silurian - Late Triassic
3.T
4.crinoid, ate its feces

Re: Fossils B/C

Posted: January 4th, 2020, 7:05 pm
by Name
hmmm wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 6:59 pm
Name wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 5:41 pm
Image
1. ID this specimen
2. What geologic time period are they from?
3. T/F this specimen has a worldwide distribution.
4. With what other fossils are these found with? Why is this so?
1. Platyceras
2.Silurian - Late Triassic
3.T
4.crinoid, ate its feces
yup, your turn

Re: Fossils B/C

Posted: January 7th, 2020, 3:30 pm
by hmmm
Image
1. ID genus
2. Where and by who was this fish first discovered?
3. Why is the discovery of this fish significant?
4. What is one threat to this fish's survival?

Re: Fossils B/C

Posted: January 7th, 2020, 5:21 pm
by reninkidney
hmmm wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 3:30 pm
Image
1. ID genus
2. Where and by who was this fish first discovered?
3. Why is the discovery of this fish significant?
4. What is one threat to this fish's survival?
1. Latimeria
2. South Africa, catch of Captain Hendrik Goosen and discovered by Marjorie Courtenay-Latimer
3. Previously thought to be extinct at the end of the Cretaceous and was 'rediscovered' without having evolved that much (living fossil).
4. Deep-sea fishing (trawling), which can accidently catch Coelacanths.