Density Lab B

Test your knowledge of various Science Olympiad events.
SciOly0720
Division: B
State: PA
Been thanked: 0

Re: Density Lab B

Post by SciOly0720 »

Ok, I did not realize that you were asking for the number of atoms in a mole; I thought you were asking in a molecule.

Q1) In Boyle's Law, what must be kept constant?
Q2) Re-order the following substances in increasing order of density: Aluminum, Mercury, Steel.
Q3) In N/kg, what is the force of gravity on the Earth?
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

azboy1910 wrote: August 12th, 2020, 1:31 pm 1. I apologize if this question was confusing and not worded properly. Here, I was looking for for the amount of atoms (or particles) in a single mole of hydrogen. Therefore, the answer is particles, as shown below.

- 1 Hydrogen atom 1 mole of Hydrogen Avagadro's Number = particles
If you just specify "a mole of hydrogen" then than would usually mean a mole of normal diatomic hydrogen gas (). So that would have molecules, or hydrogen atoms.
azboy1910
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by azboy1910 »

knightmoves wrote: August 14th, 2020, 3:10 pm
azboy1910 wrote: August 12th, 2020, 1:31 pm 1. I apologize if this question was confusing and not worded properly. Here, I was looking for for the amount of atoms (or particles) in a single mole of hydrogen. Therefore, the answer is particles, as shown below.

- 1 Hydrogen atom 1 mole of Hydrogen Avagadro's Number = particles
If you just specify "a mole of hydrogen" then than would usually mean a mole of normal diatomic hydrogen gas (). So that would have molecules, or hydrogen atoms.
Here I was talking about monoatomic hydrogen gas, which I forgot to specify. I realize I was not being specific enough and know I need to look at my question first to see if it makes sense before I post it.
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

azboy1910 wrote: August 14th, 2020, 6:32 pm Here I was talking about monoatomic hydrogen gas, which I forgot to specify. I realize I was not being specific enough and know I need to look at my question first to see if it makes sense before I post it.
Under what conditions do you think monatomic Hydrogen exists?
azboy1910
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by azboy1910 »

knightmoves wrote: August 20th, 2020, 9:45 am
azboy1910 wrote: August 14th, 2020, 6:32 pm Here I was talking about monoatomic hydrogen gas, which I forgot to specify. I realize I was not being specific enough and know I need to look at my question first to see if it makes sense before I post it.
Under what conditions do you think monatomic Hydrogen exists?
I haven't really looked into this all that much (maybe I should), but I suppose it doesn't occur naturally and most likely goes through a certain process if it's rare.

Return to “2020 Question Marathons”