Road Scholar

Test your knowledge of various Science Olympiad events.
DerechosRYummy
Division: C
State: VA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Road Scholar

Post by DerechosRYummy »

1. 760 feet 2. 780 feet 3. 170 meters (550 feet) Basically I just used a piece of paper to mark the distance between each location and used it on the scale in the lower right corner.
PKinakin
State: FL

Post by PKinakin »

DerechosRYummy wrote: February 19th, 2020, 5:58 am 1. 760 feet 2. 780 feet 3. 170 meters (550 feet) Basically I just used a piece of paper to mark the distance between each location and used it on the scale in the lower right corner.
Good job. From what I remember, those are the answers. I may have lost the paper somewhere though.

Also, when is your regional tournament? The Florida one just passed.
Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

PKinakin wrote: February 19th, 2020, 6:07 am
DerechosRYummy wrote: February 19th, 2020, 5:58 am 1. 760 feet 2. 780 feet 3. 170 meters (550 feet) Basically I just used a piece of paper to mark the distance between each location and used it on the scale in the lower right corner.
Good job. From what I remember, those are the answers. I may have lost the paper somewhere though.

According to DerechosRYummy's signature, he/she goes to Longfellow MS in Virginia, whose regional tournament (Charlottesville) was last Saturday, Feb. 15.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
DerechosRYummy

Post by DerechosRYummy »

Tailsfan101 wrote: February 19th, 2020, 12:14 pm
PKinakin wrote: February 19th, 2020, 6:07 am

According to DerechosRYummy's signature, he/she goes to Longfellow MS in Virginia, whose regional tournament (Charlottesville) was last Saturday, Feb. 15.
Yes, that’s correct. Our team got first, but our coaches have to decide on a states (and hopefully nationals) team this weekend.
PKinakin

Post by PKinakin »

Did you know there is no more Road Scholar next year? The event is getting replaced with Crave the Wave, another event that is equally, if not more, mathematical.
anandymous

Post by anandymous »

PKinakin wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 5:25 pm Did you know there is no more Road Scholar next year? The event is getting replaced with Crave the Wave, another event that is equally, if not more, mathematical.
Its not tho...
Road is getting replaced by Awesome Aquifers...
Orlando Science Middle School
2020 Events: Dynamic Planet, Fossils, Meteorology, and Reach For The Stars
PKinakin

Post by PKinakin »

anandymous wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 5:31 pm
PKinakin wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 5:25 pm Did you know there is no more Road Scholar next year? The event is getting replaced with Crave the Wave, another event that is equally, if not more, mathematical.
Its not tho...
No. The replacements are as follows:
Heredity - Bio-Process Lab
Boomilever - Elevated Bridge
Elastic Launched Glider - Electric Wright Stuff
Density Lab - Sound of Music
Road Scholar - Crave the Wave
Water Quality - Awesome Aquifer
Fossils - Rocks and Minerals
Game on - Codebusters
Circuit Lab - Green Generation.

The Green Generation - Circuit Lab combo does not make any sense, though because Circuit Lab and Green Generation are nearly nothing alike. Also, Road Scholar has been an event for so many years, it doesn't really make sense to replace it, even though Crave the Wave is maybe just as mathematical.
DerechosRYummy

Post by DerechosRYummy »

PKinakin wrote: February 24th, 2020, 2:46 pm
anandymous wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 5:31 pm
Its not tho...
No. The replacements are as follows:
Heredity - Bio-Process Lab
Boomilever - Elevated Bridge
Elastic Launched Glider - Electric Wright Stuff
Density Lab - Sound of Music
Road Scholar - Crave the Wave
Water Quality - Awesome Aquifer
Fossils - Rocks and Minerals
Game on - Codebusters
Circuit Lab - Green Generation.

The Green Generation - Circuit Lab combo does not make any sense, though because Circuit Lab and Green Generation are nearly nothing alike. Also, Road Scholar has been an event for so many years, it doesn't really make sense to replace it, even though Crave the Wave is maybe just as mathematical.
oof I wanted to do elevated bridge but I'll be in high school next year and probably won't get on the so team...

Return to “2020 Question Marathons”