Protein Modeling C

AlfWeg
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: MI

Re: Protein Modeling C

Post by AlfWeg »

112358132134 wrote:I never understood why it was a 3 person event in the first place, it really doesn't take that long and I've always had plenty of extra time at the end.
Really? For builds, my team has always worked till the very end of the time for some of the longer ones. Perfecting the structure takes as much time as they allow you :P
Slauson'16 Pio'20 UM'24

AlfWeg's Userpage
CookiePie1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CookiePie1 »

AlfWeg wrote:
huppada wrote:There are rumors about Protein Modeling being a two-person event? Any thoughts?
Why not? One person for the test and one person for the build makes a bunch of sense, tho the build person might be pressed for time if they have to set up JMOL and mark the Toober. Which is probably the only reason there should be 3-person teams
As a builder, I've always had to set up Jmol and mark the toober myself. I've never had much of an issue with time, although it is good for two people to be working on the test imo.
South Brunswick High School Captain '22
2020 Events: Protein Modeling, Ping Pong Parachute, Wright Stuff, Sounds of Music
2021 Events: Protein Modeling, Sounds of Music, Ornithology
2022 Events: TBD

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
AlfWeg
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: MI

Post by AlfWeg »

CookiePie1 wrote:
AlfWeg wrote:
huppada wrote:There are rumors about Protein Modeling being a two-person event? Any thoughts?
Why not? One person for the test and one person for the build makes a bunch of sense, tho the build person might be pressed for time if they have to set up JMOL and mark the Toober. Which is probably the only reason there should be 3-person teams
As a builder, I've always had to set up Jmol and mark the toober myself. I've never had much of an issue with time, although it is good for two people to be working on the test imo.

Hmm, ig builders can do both. At least, my teams builder was always pressed for time, so I had to do JMOL, and then get to the test.

On a side note, I always had a problem with the fact that 2 team members mainly work on the test and it’s only worth 30%. The builder does all of the onsite and, most likely, builds the prebuild(I’m sure the other two do the side chain research and add-ons, but still...) . It’s kind of weird that 2/3 of the members seem to be designed to do less IMO.
Slauson'16 Pio'20 UM'24

AlfWeg's Userpage

Return to “2019 Lab Events”