Potions and Poisons B

Pastaman202
Division: C
State: IL
Been thanked: 0

Re: Potions and Poisons B

Post by Pastaman202 »

according to the wiki page, wild carrot was changed to western water hemlock. I feel barely anyone knows of this rules change, so should I keep both on the cheat sheet and will tests like nats and states use wild carrot or hemlock?
starfruit
State: VA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0

Post by starfruit »

Pastaman202 wrote:according to the wiki page, wild carrot was changed to western water hemlock. I feel barely anyone knows of this rules change, so should I keep both on the cheat sheet and will tests like nats and states use wild carrot or hemlock?
Nah, I would take it out and add extra information somewhere else. They aren't allowed to test you on wild carrots, so if you do see it, file an appeal. The question will probably be thrown out.
code/forensics/it's about time
:!: :!: :!:
jimmy-bond
Division: Grad
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by jimmy-bond »

Pastaman202 wrote:according to the wiki page, wild carrot was changed to western water hemlock. I feel barely anyone knows of this rules change, so should I keep both on the cheat sheet and will tests like nats and states use wild carrot or hemlock?
This was discussed earlier in this thread. I would keep both on the cheat sheet if there's enough room but if you're short on space, keep only hemlock.
PCHS, HI '21 | CWRU, OH '25
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)
19alekb
Division: B
State: IL

Post by 19alekb »

yeah, we took off wild carrot and added water hemlock. We didn't have enough space to keep wild carrot. I think they threw out wild carrot because it is the single most lame toxic organism ever. people literally eat it with no regard for the poison really. Water hemlock on the other hand is the most deadly plant in north america.
starfruit

Post by starfruit »

19alekb wrote:yeah, we took off wild carrot and added water hemlock. We didn't have enough space to keep wild carrot. I think they threw out wild carrot because it is the single most lame toxic organism ever. people literally eat it with no regard for the poison really. Water hemlock on the other hand is the most deadly plant in north america.
Yeah I was kind of confused when I was researching it cause it seemed pretty safe to ingest for the most part.
Rivkaaa
State: NY

Post by Rivkaaa »

starfruit wrote:
19alekb wrote:yeah, we took off wild carrot and added water hemlock. We didn't have enough space to keep wild carrot. I think they threw out wild carrot because it is the single most lame toxic organism ever. people literally eat it with no regard for the poison really. Water hemlock on the other hand is the most deadly plant in north america.
Yeah I was kind of confused when I was researching it cause it seemed pretty safe to ingest for the most part.
I, for one, am glad that it was taken off. It's much more interesting researching an extremely toxic organism.
2018 events: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Microbe Mission
2019 events: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Water Quality
Bay Academy
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Froggie »

With one page of notes, how is everyone putting the periodic table in them? I can't seem to be able to fit a periodic table that I can see.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
Crimesolver
State: CA

Post by Crimesolver »

Froggie wrote:With one page of notes, how is everyone putting the periodic table in them? I can't seem to be able to fit a periodic table that I can see.
I actually put it in really well. Maybe it's because I don't have a lot of info lol. I just took a really clear periodic table color coded and added the values myself. I's about 1/4 of the page, landscape.
Keep on going :)
starfruit

Post by starfruit »

Crimesolver wrote:
Froggie wrote:With one page of notes, how is everyone putting the periodic table in them? I can't seem to be able to fit a periodic table that I can see.
I actually put it in really well. Maybe it's because I don't have a lot of info lol. I just took a really clear periodic table color coded and added the values myself. I's about 1/4 of the page, landscape.
Yeah we don't have a ton of information in our notes (cause a lot of it you just have to know) but if you want to clear up extra space, delete the margins, make the font size 6 (or smaller if you can), and use a narrower font. Consider what you have memorized, and think about deleting stuff you already know. We actually ended up making our own chart to fit our needs, so think about that too.
Last edited by starfruit on March 25th, 2019, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rivkaaa
State: NY

Post by Rivkaaa »

starfruit wrote:
Crimesolver wrote:
Yeah we don't have a ton of information in our notes cause a lot of it you just have to know but if you want to clear up extra space, delete the margins, make the font size 6 (or smaller if you can), and use a narrower font. Consider what you have memorized, and think about deleting stuff you already know. We actually ended up making our own chart to fit our needs, so think about that too.
We made our information a 4-5 font, Arial, and were able to squeeze in bigger pictures of important things, such as the periodic table, as well as charts to help us fill questions out as quickly and accurately as possible. We still have space left over, so it's a bonus for us to add whatever we need to in the days leading up to states.
2018 events: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Microbe Mission
2019 events: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Water Quality
Bay Academy

Return to “2019 Lab Events”