Experimental Design B/C

kate!
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Experimental Design B/C

Post by kate! »

fxp765 wrote:Could someone explain what "Suggestions for other ways to look at hypothesis are given" in the applications section means?
I always thought that for this section, you're supposed to think of a new experiment with the same hypothesis. So another way to test the same variables, basically.
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I knew stuff about birds and fossils!
fxp765
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fxp765 »

kate! wrote:
fxp765 wrote:Could someone explain what "Suggestions for other ways to look at hypothesis are given" in the applications section means?
I always thought that for this section, you're supposed to think of a new experiment with the same hypothesis. So another way to test the same variables, basically.
That was similar to what I thought, but sometimes it seems difficult to come up with another experiment without it overlapping too much with the applications. Would you come up with experiments that are more simple like the one performed during the event or ones that have more realistic impacts?
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MO
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by dxu46 »

kate! wrote:
That actually makes more sense than what I said; changing IV levels makes a whole new experiment.
kate!
State: NY

Post by kate! »

fxp765 wrote:
kate! wrote:
That was similar to what I thought, but sometimes it seems difficult to come up with another experiment without it overlapping too much with the applications. Would you come up with experiments that are more simple like the one performed during the event or ones that have more realistic impacts?
I'd say the former. Simpler experiments are easier to think of, and ones with more realistic impacts are likely too complicated and could overlap with the real world applications part.
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I knew stuff about birds and fossils!

Return to “2019 Lab Events”