Codebusters C

AZ_120
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Codebusters C

Post by AZ_120 »

For the timed question, I was wondering if you guys had people 2 or 3 people working on it or just 1 person. If it's more than 1, how do you work together on it?
GoldenKnight1
Coach
Coach
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by GoldenKnight1 »

Anomaly wrote:
will0416 wrote:Has anyone seen any particularly memorable varieties of encoding Baconian ciphers that have a decent chance of appearing on an official test (i.e. methods other than odd/even, vowel/consonant, letters from one word/letters from a different word)?
On our regionals test, we had something uses a bunch of symbols like !@#$%^&*()
I never actually figured out what the pattern was though, it might have been all the symbols on the odd numbers of a keyboard / symbols on even numbers of keyboard
Regionals was:
A: ><*
B: !&?

The one that I made that cause the most people trouble used the Cyrillic / Russian alphabet:
A: ИДЖ
B: ЛПЯ
eab2114
Division: C
State: DC
Been thanked: 0

Post by eab2114 »

Does anyone have tips for working on patristocrats, beyond just looking at letter frequency and repeated letter chunks? I'm working on the North Carolina state test and not having much luck with it.
dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: VA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by dragonfruit35 »

eab2114 wrote:Does anyone have tips for working on patristocrats, beyond just looking at letter frequency and repeated letter chunks? I'm working on the North Carolina state test and not having much luck with it.
Honestly, that's about all you can do, especially if there's no hint. We usually try plugging in the most common letters and seeing if anything jumps out and go from there.
tjhsst '20
virginia tech '24
2x codebusters national medalist

"it's not a pen, it's a principle!" - annie edison

Return to “2019 Lab Events”