Anatomy and Physiology B/C

donutsandcupcakes

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by donutsandcupcakes »

Quick question... In the question below I feel the answer is c, but the answer key states that the answer is b, so can somebody pls advise me on what I did wrong. My reasoning behind my answer was that veins collect the "bad stuff" (CO2 and waster material). Sorry I couldn't get the diagram in here:(

Q) In this blood flow diagram for the legs and pelvic area, which exchange vessels lose oxygen to body tissues and receive carbon dioxide and waste materials from the tissues?

a) Post-capillary arterioles and arteries.
b) Capillaries and post-capillary arterioles.
c) Capillaries and post-capillary venules.
d) Post-capillary venules and veins.
bp31000
Division: C
State: TN
Been thanked: 0

Post by bp31000 »

donutsandcupcakes wrote:Quick question... In the question below I feel the answer is c, but the answer key states that the answer is b, so can somebody pls advise me on what I did wrong. My reasoning behind my answer was that veins collect the "bad stuff" (CO2 and waster material). Sorry I couldn't get the diagram in here:(

Q) In this blood flow diagram for the legs and pelvic area, which exchange vessels lose oxygen to body tissues and receive carbon dioxide and waste materials from the tissues?

There are no such thing as POST capillary arterioles, after capillaries, its all venous system. so c is the correct answer. Just capillaries would be the best answer as capillary is the only "exchange membrane"
State & Regional 2019 events B
<3 Solar system, Water Quality, Anatomy and Physiology- 1st State & Regional <3
:roll: Heredity 4th state, 2nd regional :roll:
donutsandcupcakes

bp31000 wrote:
donutsandcupcakes wrote:Quick question... In the question below I feel the answer is c, but the answer key states that the answer is b, so can somebody pls advise me on what I did wrong. My reasoning behind my answer was that veins collect the "bad stuff" (CO2 and waster material). Sorry I couldn't get the diagram in here:(

There are no such thing as POST capillary arterioles, after capillaries, its all venous system. So c is the correct answer. Just capillaries would be the best answer as capillary is the only "exchange membrane"
Thank You, this was my thinking too, but your explanation helped me double check my thinking. This test was an invitational's test which I get from Scioly test exchange page, I think the ES at the invitational made a mistake.
farmerjoe279
Division: B
State: MO
Has thanked: 0

Post by farmerjoe279 »

amk578 wrote:
farmerjoe279 wrote:
JoeyC wrote:No, I think you just check the pressure of the sphygomomanometer. You shouldn't need to time anything.
Yes, you wouldn't need to time anything for BP.
Wouldn't doing a blood pressure measurement be biased? Because depending on the person their blood pressure could fluctuate at any moment based on what they're doing?
Well, the person would just be sitting in a chair or something where he is stationary, so his BP would be pretty constant. However, I do see what you mean. Maybe they just want to see if you can do it so you have practical knowledge.
2020 Events (R, S, N)
Anatomy:
Designer Genes:
Machines:

2019 Events (R, S, N)
Anatomy: 1, 2, 13
Heredity: 2, 1, 15
Meteorology: 1, 1, 10
donutsandcupcakes

I encountered one more question which I couldn't understand the answer for, so any help would be highly appreciated!

How many known human blood group systems are there?

a.3
b. 12
c. 14
d. 35

THE ANSWER KEY SAID THE ANSWER WAS D. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THEY GOT D, SO CAN SOMEONE HELP ME UNDERSTAND, YOUR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Anomaly »

donutsandcupcakes wrote:I encountered one more question which I couldn't understand the answer for, so any help would be highly appreciated!

a.3
b. 12
c. 14
d. 35

THE ANSWER KEY SAID THE ANSWER WAS D. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THEY GOT D, SO CAN SOMEONE HELP ME UNDERSTAND, YOUR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
I'm guessing your answer was A? It's not A because A is trying to confuse you with the A, B, and O found in the ABO blood type system. The ABO blood type system is only one of the 35 major blood grouping systems out there, with ABO being the most common.
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling
don't look at this its fake news now
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

Anomaly wrote:
donutsandcupcakes wrote:I encountered one more question which I couldn't understand the answer for, so any help would be highly appreciated!

a.3
b. 12
c. 14
d. 35

I'm guessing your answer was A? It's not A because A is trying to confuse you with the A, B, and O found in the ABO blood type system. The ABO blood type system is only one of the 35 major blood grouping systems out there, with ABO being the most common.
What are the blood groups and do we honestly have to know them?
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

Also, what are the forces that act on the capillaries in Starling's forces again?
donutsandcupcakes

Anomaly wrote:

a.3
b. 12
c. 14
d. 35

Thank You, I honestly didn't have an answer to this question, and your explanation really helped. :)
Limke
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Limke »

WangwithaTang wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

a.3
b. 12
c. 14
d. 35

What are the blood groups and do we honestly have to know them?
I’ve heard of there being 35 different types of systems before, but only actually encountered 2, 1 of them being the ABO blood typing system. The other one is Rh, which is generally associated with ABO and is sometimes indicated by letter D, C, c, E (different antigens) or just straight up “Rh” (Rh: rhesus). Rh(D) is the system that indicates a “positive” or “negative” blood type (ie AB positive) and I haven’t encountered too many questions about it. It’s just important to know that Rh is dominant for the positive trait and Rh negative means an individual lacks the Rh antigen.
2019 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Designer Genes, Forensics, Protein Modeling.

2020 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Protein Modeling, Forensics, Sounds of Music

do not eat the forensics powders

Return to “2019 Study Events”