Anatomy and Physiology B/C

cbrant554
Division: C
State: IN

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by cbrant554 »

WangwithaTang wrote:
paranoidtwitch wrote:Hey does anyone have a guess on what the next systems are going to be? I'm predicting at least one new system and/or reproductive.
I'm pretty sure they're going to go back to integumentary, skeletal, and muscular.
They are doing a 4-year system, the next four years are, Skeletal Muscular Integumentary (2020), Nervous Sense Organs Endocrine (2021), Respiratory Digestive Immune (2022), Cardiovascular Lymphatic Excretory (2023).
Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Anomaly »

paranoidtwitch wrote:Hey does anyone have a guess on what the next systems are going to be? I'm predicting at least one new system and/or reproductive.
lmao they would never do reproductive
but yeah what the others said, four year rotation system so it should be integumentary, skeletal, and muscular (which i did in my 7th grade year, fun!)
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling
don't look at this its fake news now
mosnter2060
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mosnter2060 »

In your experiences how important do you think the immune system will be for states/nats? For my regionals, there were very few questions on the lymphatic system by itself and about 20-25 questions on immune system related things like inflammation.
MathemagicalWasp

Re: Studying

Post by MathemagicalWasp »

In addition to some of the questions above, I had a quick question relating to how we should study?

I've been working on this event for many years but am never super successful at it. To prepare we usually read through a medical physiology textbook and get online pictures. But it's never really made us top tier competitors. What do really competitive Anatomy teams do to study?????????
Events - ED, Glider, Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Helicopter
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

mosnter2060 wrote:In your experiences how important do you think the immune system will be for states/nats? For my regionals, there were very few questions on the lymphatic system by itself and about 20-25 questions on immune system related things like inflammation.
I mean, I would say only be familiar with immune, but still study well on lymphatic. Just watch a few videos about immune. If your coordinator did that, he or she definitely wasn't paying attention to the guidelines.
platypusomelette
State: NY

Post by platypusomelette »

mosnter2060 wrote:In your experiences how important do you think the immune system will be for states/nats? For my regionals, there were very few questions on the lymphatic system by itself and about 20-25 questions on immune system related things like inflammation.
Me too that was a huge oof for me, like the entire short answer "lymphatic" section was about immune stuff. Personally I'm going to probably learn a majority of the basics
island trash trees hs
anat: reg 4th
herp: reg 6th
genes: reg 5th
protein: reg 2nd
disease: reg 15th
fossils: reg 4th
2016: a&p 1st, fossils 3rd
2017: a&p 3rd, herp 14th
2018: a&p 1st, microbe 8th, herp 13th :/
pigeon YEA WE MADE STATES
sophisSyo
Division: Grad

Post by sophisSyo »

platypusomelette wrote:
Me too that was a huge oof for me, like the entire short answer "lymphatic" section was about immune stuff. Personally I'm going to probably learn a majority of the basics
We had the same regionals, right? What even was that section:( . Also, they really liked their blood lol
Past Events: A&P, DD, DG, Exp, Herpe, IS, Orni, PM, WIDI etc.
Former Syosset President/Captain
UVA Student

Ornithology<3
platypusomelette

sophisSyo wrote:
We had the same regionals, right? What even was that section:( . Also, they really liked their blood lol
Right??? And the multiple choice was really messed up. So many typos I kept having to ask the guy to clarify what the questions were asking and he just kinda shrugged.
also YOOO I LOVE RADIOHEAD
island trash trees hs
sophisSyo
Division: Grad

Post by sophisSyo »

Right? You're Island Trees and qualified for states this year? So Long Island Nassau East? I'm Syosset. Unless there are multiple Island Trees in the US lol
Yes Radiohead is awesome <3 Thom Yorke
I just disliked how most of it was on blood and such, and if it wasn't there were more questions on immune than lymphatic.
Past Events: A&P, DD, DG, Exp, Herpe, IS, Orni, PM, WIDI etc.
Former Syosset President/Captain
UVA Student

Ornithology<3
platypusomelette

sophisSyo wrote:Right? You're Island Trees and qualified for states this year? So Long Island Nassau East? I'm Syosset. Unless there are multiple Island Trees in the US lol
Yes Radiohead is awesome <3 Thom Yorke
I just disliked how most of it was on blood and such, and if it wasn't there were more questions on immune than lymphatic.
Oh yea I saw your sig, your school demolishes everyone every year lol. We did finally qualify states for like the first time in a decade which i'm p excited about but most likely we'll get squished which is an oof.
Also do you happen to know <REDACTED> from syosset? He's on your A team I think
Last edited by platypusomelette on February 12th, 2019, 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
island trash trees hs

Return to “2019 Study Events”