Dynamic Planet B/C

jleremy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by jleremy »

WangwithaTang wrote:
jleremy wrote:Anyone know what "influence of bed (wet or dry, bare rock, and sediment), and relation of flow to elevation and gradient" in the rule sheet?
i am having trouble finding the correct answer for it but cant find it.
Same here. I can't find that or part m with ice sheet modeling.
I think it means "does wet(wet,dry,bare rock and sediment) bed rock help lubricate the glacier?" which is true. but i am still unsure about the
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

jleremy wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote:
jleremy wrote:Anyone know what "influence of bed (wet or dry, bare rock, and sediment), and relation of flow to elevation and gradient" in the rule sheet?
i am having trouble finding the correct answer for it but cant find it.
Same here. I can't find that or part m with ice sheet modeling.
I think it means "does wet(wet,dry,bare rock and sediment) bed rock help lubricate the glacier?" which is true. but i am still unsure about the
Alright. What about the rest though?
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

Also, have all of the invitationals for dynamic planet finished? If so, has scioly been approved to use any of them?
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

Finally, do we need to have a list of the name every single glacier and their types?
pb5754
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by pb5754 »

WangwithaTang wrote:Finally, do we need to have a list of the name every single glacier and their types?
Uhhh you definitely don't need to know the names/types of every single glacier, but you should know the names and types of major glaciers ig.
WangwithaTang wrote:Also, have all of the invitationals for dynamic planet finished? If so, has scioly been approved to use any of them?
Invitationals continue up until around March, so there are still several left. If you are looking for tests, you can probably check the Scioly Test Exchange, try publicly released invitational tests (such as MIT (should be released soon I think) or UT Austin), or ask your captains if they have traded/received any tests.
Last edited by pb5754 on January 22nd, 2019, 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21
2021 Nationals: Astronomy - 1st, Geologic Mapping - 1st, Team - 6th
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

pb5754[] wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote:Finally, do we need to have a list of the name every single glacier and their types?
Uhhh you definitely don't need to know the names/types of every single glacier, but you should know the names and types of major glaciers ig.
WangwithaTang wrote:Also, have all of the invitationals for dynamic planet finished? If so, has scioly been approved to use any of them?
Invitationals continue up until around March, so there are still several left. If you are looking for tests, you can probably check the Scioly Test Exchange, try publicly released invitational tests (such as MIT (should be released soon I think) or UT Austin), or ask your captains if they have traded/received any tests.
Which ones should I add? Thanks, by the way.
pb5754
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by pb5754 »

WangwithaTang wrote:
pb5754[] wrote:
Which ones should I add? Thanks, by the way.
Generally, I just add famous/important ones (such as Perito Moreno, a valley glacier, which is one of the few advancing glaciers on Earth), and as I take more tests I just add to the list if I find one that I didn't know about.
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21
2021 Nationals: Astronomy - 1st, Geologic Mapping - 1st, Team - 6th
jleremy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jleremy »

WangwithaTang wrote:
jleremy wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote: Same here. I can't find that or part m with ice sheet modeling.
what i said
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

jleremy wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote:
jleremy wrote: I think it means "does wet(wet,dry,bare rock and sediment) bed rock help lubricate the glacier?" which is true. but i am still unsure about the
what i said
Okay, thanks.
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

I'm looking at the stuff on the 2014 dynamic planet test and I'm getting a bunch of stuff not on this year's test. Is the specific material different? (Excluding the bottom half from i - o)

Return to “2019 Study Events”