Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by Umaroth »

PioBoy wrote:
pb5754[] wrote:
PioBoy wrote:
The same ES is doing Oceano? I felt he didn’t cover all of the topics this year in the rules(at nats), which was disappointing considering some of the math and topics I studied(admittedly Isostasy wasn’t hard). I guess some of the questions he asked were kind of cool application but still....at least cover most of the topics. Well hopefully he writes a more encompassing test next year. Excited to reopen my Oceanography cheatsheet!
idk but LiteralRhinoceros is probably talking about the division B ES, not C.
Oops didn’t think of that. I heard the Div B ES wrote a great test this year....
I, as well as many others, thought it was a really great test, although one person on the events discussion thread seemed to have found it a bit short for their liking.
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
SentientJello
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SentientJello »

PioBoy wrote:
LiteralRhinoceros wrote:
PioBoy wrote:I’m a little confused, is next year’s topic Oceanography?Does anyone actually know, or is this idea all rumors? Oceanography would be awesome....glaciers aren’t the most exciting thing out there(Don’t get me wrong, I love glaciers, but Oceanography is sooo much fun)
yes it is, i reached out to the ES this year
he says he will be doing oceano at NC next year
The same ES is doing Oceano? I felt he didn’t cover all of the topics this year in the rules(at nats), which was disappointing considering some of the math and topics I studied(admittedly Isostasy wasn’t hard). I guess some of the questions he asked were kind of cool application but still....at least cover most of the topics. Well hopefully he writes a more encompassing test next year. Excited to reopen my Oceanography cheatsheet!
Is it essentially confirmed that it'll be Oceanography next year, or are there other viable possibilities?
Current Div C Competitor, Former OVMS Competitor
2016/2019/2020: Astronomy/Reach for the Stars, Dynamic Planet, Fossils
2018: Astronomy, Dynamic Planet, Fermi Questions
2017: Dynamic Planet, Reach for the Stars, Rocks and Minerals
SONT 2017 SoCal Div B Competitor
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Umaroth »

SentientJello wrote:
PioBoy wrote:
LiteralRhinoceros wrote: yes it is, i reached out to the ES this year
he says he will be doing oceano at NC next year
Is it essentially confirmed that it'll be Oceanography next year, or are there other viable possibilities?
The ES pretty much confirmed it. I doubt that it will change between now and SOSI since they've been planning the switch for a while now and the ES at nats said that it would be changing.
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by BennyTheJett »

Are nats supervisors supposed to leak information like events cycling? How does he even know?
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

BennyTheJett wrote:Are nats supervisors supposed to leak information like events cycling? How does he even know?
It's just kind of known.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
PioBoy
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by PioBoy »

BennyTheJett wrote:Are nats supervisors supposed to leak information like events cycling? How does he even know?
I mean most schools don’t start scioly prep until event rules come out. I don’t think it matters too much that ES “leak” info. Also “he”(I’m assuming LiteralRhinocerous) said that he reached out to the ES about next year.

Return to “2019 Study Events”