Meteorology B

astropanda2004
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by astropanda2004 »

SuperScience wrote:How should I organize my cheat sheet? Is it better to put them in groups for topics? What text size is the best to use?
Hey! This is kind of a late response for your question, but I recommend using font sizes 6-8, depending on how small of a font your eyes can tolerate. Meteorology gives you 4 pages front and back, which is quite a lot! My previous cheat sheets have been in tables, putting similar topics in the same row. It would be easier on your organization by grouping them by topics, but honestly cheat sheet structure should be on you and your partner. This is what you will be using for the competition, so as long as the both of you work on it and know where everything is, then there shouldn't be any problems.
Hope this helped! :)
farmerjoe279
Division: B
State: MO

Post by farmerjoe279 »

BreeThePotato wrote:Anyone know about any good meteorology books? Want to see what has worked for other people.
I know a lot of people say this, but Wikipedia is a great resource.
2020 Events (R, S, N)
Anatomy:
Designer Genes:
Machines:

2019 Events (R, S, N)
Anatomy: 1, 2, 13
Heredity: 2, 1, 15
Meteorology: 1, 1, 10
home2mars
Coach
Coach

Post by home2mars »

I bought the 2017 National Test CD, containing May 2016 National Competition @Wisconsin.
However, the test has no images files therefore about half of the test becomes useless.
Whom I can contact to get the missing images so we can maximizing the test package we purchased.

TIA!
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

home2mars wrote:I bought the 2017 National Test CD, containing May 2016 National Competition @Wisconsin.
However, the test has no images files therefore about half of the test becomes useless.
Whom I can contact to get the missing images so we can maximizing the test package we purchased.

TIA!
Most likely the images aren't recorded anywhere. Not all event supervisors are good about taking pictures of samples and such. If it's an image file that you think is digital though, I would recommend one of these.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Sharan.thiru
State: PA

Post by Sharan.thiru »

astropanda2004 wrote:
SuperScience wrote:How should I organize my cheat sheet? Is it better to put them in groups for topics? What text size is the best to use?
Hey! This is kind of a late response for your question, but I recommend using font sizes 6-8, depending on how small of a font your eyes can tolerate. Meteorology gives you 4 pages front and back, which is quite a lot! My previous cheat sheets have been in tables, putting similar topics in the same row. It would be easier on your organization by grouping them by topics, but honestly cheat sheet structure should be on you and your partner. This is what you will be using for the competition, so as long as the both of you work on it and know where everything is, then there shouldn't be any problems.
Hope this helped! :)
I would also suggest if you use google docs that you use the font Stint Ultra Condensed
Eagle View Middle School
2018-2019 Events: Dynamic Planet, Meteorology, Solar System
Total Medal Count:16
Invitational-8
Regionals:6
States:2
Pregily

Post by Pregily »

Hello to all, I am new here, need help. Does anyone know any meteorology books for KIDS? With many pictures, and so on? My son LOVES it and want to give him a present, thank you.
Sharan.thiru

Post by Sharan.thiru »

Pregily wrote:Hello to all, I am new here, need help. Does anyone know any meteorology books for KIDS? With many pictures, and so on? My son LOVES it and want to give him a present, thank you.
That's kind of hard to find sine the event itself is witten at ahigh school level so I would get a textbook becuase most of them do have pictures and stuff, but like i said, it's written at a high shool level so I won't exactaly be for kids
Eagle View Middle School
2018-2019 Events: Dynamic Planet, Meteorology, Solar System
Total Medal Count:16
Invitational-8
Regionals:6
States:2
LiteralRhinoceros
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by LiteralRhinoceros »

The NOAA Jetsream site might be helpful for it, its not too advanced, but covers the topics.
Dank Memes Area Homeschool 2017-2019

Community MS '19
WW-P HS North '23

Events: DyPlan, GeoMapping, Astro

Userpage
jleremy

Post by jleremy »

Does anyone know what horizontal and vertical gradients mean?
f. Atmospheric pressure: horizontal & vertical gradients, cyclones & anticyclones and their
circulations, including Coriolis Effect & friction
Thank you! :)
IHateClouds
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by IHateClouds »

I believe they are referring to isobars, isotherms, etc. in the atmosphere. You can also look into things like advection and the pressure gradient force.

Return to “2019 Study Events”