Solar System B

bp31000
Division: C
State: TN
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System B

Post by bp31000 »

Adi1008 wrote: Hi everyone!

All the tournaments that were using my test finished up this weekend. You can find the exam materials (including some statistics and discussion) here!

Hopefully this helps some of you with studying, whether it's for state, nationals, or just for fun! As always, if you have any questions or feedback about the exam, feel free to let me know.
Thank you so much! right in time for my state competition !!!
State & Regional 2019 events B
<3 Solar system, Water Quality, Anatomy and Physiology- 1st State & Regional <3
:roll: Heredity 4th state, 2nd regional :roll:
Killboe
State: AR
Has thanked: 0

Post by Killboe »

Adi1008 wrote:
Killboe wrote:
bp31000 wrote: no, those are from UT invitational. he said he is writing the tests for their regionals for last weekend and will post them here, i am waiting for those.
My bad, I mistakened regional for invitational.
Hi everyone!

All the tournaments that were using my test finished up this weekend. You can find the exam materials (including some statistics and discussion) here!

Hopefully this helps some of you with studying, whether it's for state, nationals, or just for fun! As always, if you have any questions or feedback about the exam, feel free to let me know.
Just scored an 85% on the test. Really well written, thank you for sharing it!
bp31000

Post by bp31000 »

Adi1008 wrote: Hi everyone!

A special thanks to Adi1008 for making the test and posting them for us. had my state competition today. the questions were different, but the format and question type were exactly the same as this test. we did well and got 1st place Yaaaaayyy :D
Adi1008
Division: Grad
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Adi1008 »

Killboe wrote:Just scored an 85% on the test. Really well written, thank you for sharing it!
85% would put you right around the top two teams - congrats!
bp31000 wrote:A special thanks to Adi1008 for making the test and posting them for us. had my state competition today. the questions were different, but the format and question type were exactly the same as this test. we did well and got 1st place Yaaaaayyy :D
Nice job on the first place! Getting first at state in an event like Solar System is tough.

I'm glad both of you enjoyed the test and found it useful; I certainly spent a lot of time making it. Good luck at nationals and I hope you enjoy the test there!
Stanford University
University of Texas at Austin '22
Seven Lakes High School '18
Beckendorff Junior High '14
Killboe

Post by Killboe »

Adi1008 wrote:
Killboe wrote:Just scored an 85% on the test. Really well written, thank you for sharing it!
bp31000 wrote:A special thanks to Adi1008 for making the test and posting them for us. had my state competition today. the questions were different, but the format and question type were exactly the same as this test. we did well and got 1st place Yaaaaayyy :D
Nice job on the first place! Getting first at state in an event like Solar System is tough.

I'm glad both of you enjoyed the test and found it useful; I certainly spent a lot of time making it. Good luck at nationals and I hope you enjoy the test there!

Are you writing the test for nationals too? :o :o
bp31000

Post by bp31000 »

Adi1008 wrote:

no nationals for me, i am done for the year, my school came 6th overall (we are ecstatic about that, its only second year we are competing!)
Sharan.thiru
Division: B
State: PA

Post by Sharan.thiru »

bp31000 wrote:
Adi1008 wrote:

no nationals for me, i am done for the year, my school came 6th overall (we are ecstatic about that, its only second year we are competing!)
6th place is really good for a team that's only in it for 2 years, especially at states
Eagle View Middle School
2018-2019 Events: Dynamic Planet, Meteorology, Solar System
Total Medal Count:16
Invitational-8
Regionals:6
States:2
Killboe

Post by Killboe »

Sharan.thiru wrote:
bp31000 wrote:
Adi1008 wrote: 85% would put you right around the top two teams - congrats!

6th place is really good for a team that's only in it for 2 years, especially at states
Agreed. I mean, Jesus, your placements are amazing for your 1st or 2nd year. Props to you for studying hard and I hope you guys make it to nats soon!
space-egg
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by space-egg »

In the rules, it says that we should study rocky bodies in the solar system. That mostly implies the terrestrial planets (and the asteroids/trojans/etc.) Does that also include icy moons, such as the Galilean moons? At invitationals and regionals, there weren't any questions on the rocky moons of the outer planets. But at state, 60% of the test consisted of Jupiter and Saturn's moons. Should I expect this topic to be a big part of the Nationals test?
the name's bond. covalent bond.

2019:
solar system and potions and poisons

2020 (yikes):
reach for the stars, ornithology, and meteorology

thanks for all the memories (:
Killboe

Post by Killboe »

space-egg wrote:In the rules, it says that we should study rocky bodies in the solar system. That mostly implies the terrestrial planets (and the asteroids/trojans/etc.) Does that also include icy moons, such as the Galilean moons? At invitationals and regionals, there weren't any questions on the rocky moons of the outer planets. But at state, 60% of the test consisted of Jupiter and Saturn's moons. Should I expect this topic to be a big part of the Nationals test?
No. You are not supposed to be studying ANY of the terrestrial planets. Take a closer look at the rules. That, is what you need to be studying. If 60% of the test was on Jupiter and Saturn's moons, it was a bad test. The only moons that you should be studying are : Mimas, Phoebe, Earth's moon, and Charon.

Return to “2019 Study Events”