1. If a mutation occurs in the gene coding for catabolite activator protein (CAP), what consequences could occur for the genes that it regulates?
2. What are the three polymerases in eukaryotes and what part of replication does each do?
3. The 5' cap is a modified _________
4. A gene responsible for metabolizing sucrose is most likely a repressible or inducible operon?
5. What is the purpose of a sliding clamp in DNA replication?
Answer to 2 and 3: 2: dna polymerase 1 (converting primers to dna), dna polymerase iii (dna synthesis), rna polymerase ii (mRNA synthesis) 3. guanine
1. regulated gene would be constituitively expressed and lead to cell wasting resources
4. inducible (like Lac operon)
5. to prevent the dna polymerase processive enzyme from falling off of the template strand during replication