1. The kidneys are located between the ___ and ___ vertebrae, partially protected by ribs __ and __.
2. List the three layers of the glomerular basement membrane.
3. What is obligatory reabsorption, and where does it take place in the nephron?
4. In the collecting duct, _____ _____ cells secrete hydrogen ions.
5. Joe is a healthy adult who exercises and has a healthy diet. One day, however, he decides to eat three bags of potato chips, which contain a lot of sodium. What hormone concentration in Joe's body would you expect to see increase after he finishes his chips and why?
"Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood." -- George Orwell, 1984
Events 2019: A&P, Heredity, Picture This, P&P
Events 2020: A&P, Astro, DG, Geo Mapping