[hide]1. The chordae tendineae (which are attached to the papillary muscle) anchor the AV valves in place while the heart is pumping
2. Bachmann's bundle conducts impulses generated by the SA node to the left atrium.
3. The adventitia (tunica externa) of arteries contains elastic tissue/elastin and is more visible in larger arteries. It could be the internal + external laminae too (if I'm not mistaken), so I'm not sure about this question.
4. Continuous capillaries have an uninterrupted endothelial lining with small intracellular clefts; fenestrated capillaries have pores in their endothelial cells; sinusoidal capillaries have pores similar to those of fenestrated capillaries as well as a discontinuous basement membrane.
5. Once factor X has been activated, prothrombinase converts factor II, the inactive enzyme prothrombin, into the active enzyme thrombin. Thrombin will convert factor I (insoluble fibrinogen) into soluble fibrin protein strands; then, factor XIII will stabilize the blood clot.
6. The thoracic duct drains the entire left side of the body as well as the lower right quadrant; the right lymphatic duct drains the upper right quadrant of the body.[/hide]
Edit: I can't seem to use the hide function on my computer. Tips? Thanks.
Last edited by jxxu20
on December 29th, 2018, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood." -- George Orwell, 1984
Events 2019: A&P, Heredity, Picture This, P&P
Events 2020: A&P, Astro, DG, Geo Mapping