Water Quality B/C

User avatar
kate!
Member
Member
Posts: 443
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Water Quality B/C

Post by kate! » January 28th, 2019, 7:06 pm

[img]https://bit.ly/2DFg6dC[/img]
1. Identify this aquatic macroinvertebrate.
2. What stage of its life cycle is it in?
3. Describe the specimen's life cycle.
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I know stuff about birds and fossils!

User avatar
jimmy-bond
Member
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: January 8th, 2018, 11:25 pm
Division: C
State: HI
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Water Quality B/C

Post by jimmy-bond » January 28th, 2019, 7:21 pm

kate! wrote:
[img]https://bit.ly/2DFg6dC[/img]
1. Identify this aquatic macroinvertebrate.
2. What stage of its life cycle is it in?
3. Describe the specimen's life cycle.
1. Whirligig beetle
2. Larva
3. Idk what you're looking for so I'll say complete metamorphosis.
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Code, CL, 4&6, WQ
Code, DP, 4&6, WQ
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

User avatar
kate!
Member
Member
Posts: 443
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Water Quality B/C

Post by kate! » January 29th, 2019, 11:35 am

jimmy-bond wrote:
kate! wrote:
[img]https://bit.ly/2DFg6dC[/img]
1. Identify this aquatic macroinvertebrate.
2. What stage of its life cycle is it in?
3. Describe the specimen's life cycle.
1. Whirligig beetle
2. Larva
3. Idk what you're looking for so I'll say complete metamorphosis.
Yep, your turn!
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I know stuff about birds and fossils!

User avatar
jimmy-bond
Member
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: January 8th, 2018, 11:25 pm
Division: C
State: HI
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Water Quality B/C

Post by jimmy-bond » January 29th, 2019, 4:47 pm

[img]http://a4.pbase.com/g3/55/932755/2/122084291.wMZpJdus.jpg[/img]1. What is the above macroinvertebrate?
2. True or False: The adult of the above macroinvertebrate is nicknamed the "mosquito lion" for the amount of the pest they consume daily.
3. Define cone of depression.
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Code, CL, 4&6, WQ
Code, DP, 4&6, WQ
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

Rivkaaa
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: October 8th, 2018, 10:01 am
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Water Quality B/C

Post by Rivkaaa » February 3rd, 2019, 10:31 am

jimmy-bond wrote:
[img]http://a4.pbase.com/g3/55/932755/2/122084291.wMZpJdus.jpg[/img]1. What is the above macroinvertebrate?
2. True or False: The adult of the above macroinvertebrate is nicknamed the "mosquito lion" for the amount of the pest they consume daily.
3. Define cone of depression.
1. I believe that it's a crane fly larvae (due to the wispy tail)
2.True
3. I'm not too sure, but maybe it's when the ground settles inward due to some man made structure?
2018 events: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Microbe Mission
2019 events: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Water Quality
Bay Academy

User avatar
jimmy-bond
Member
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: January 8th, 2018, 11:25 pm
Division: C
State: HI
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Water Quality B/C

Post by jimmy-bond » February 3rd, 2019, 11:31 am

Rivkaaa wrote:1. I believe that it's a crane fly larvae (due to the wispy tail)
2.True
3. I'm not too sure, but maybe it's when the ground settles inward due to some man made structure?
1. Correct
2. False 3. An area's water table is lowered when water is pumped excessively, creating a dip in the water table known as the cone of depression, also shown here.
[img]https://pixfeeds.com/images/32/608330/1200-608330-25331566.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]
Your turn.
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Code, CL, 4&6, WQ
Code, DP, 4&6, WQ
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

User avatar
Scrambledeggs
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: March 11th, 2019, 8:27 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Water Quality B/C

Post by Scrambledeggs » March 18th, 2019, 6:04 pm

1) Describe 3 or more ways lakes could be formed

2)Name 3 ways riffles get Dissolved oxygen, and how it can be decreased or increased

3)Answer the following for the following species: [/img]https://bugguide.net/images/cache/3QG/0 ... S0IQVR.jpg[/img]
A: Its Diet
B: What index is it part of? How is this index calculated?
C: True or false: This species is a collector, predator, grazer and a Shredder
D: Hemimetabolism is this species life cycle

4)Describe each of the following, and which one is the best for macro-invertebrate testing in riffles? Surber Sampler, D net, and Kick net
2019 - 2020 Events: Water Quality, Ornithology, Dynamic Planet, Ping pong parachute

Post Reply

Return to “2019 Question Marathons”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests