Solar System B

User avatar
LiteralRhinoceros
Member
Member
Posts: 161
Joined: March 5th, 2018, 7:08 am
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Solar System B

Post by LiteralRhinoceros » March 25th, 2019, 6:23 am

AwersomeUser wrote:
LiteralRhinoceros wrote:More ID
1. Image
What is the name of this crater? What is this on?
2. Image
What is the name of this crater? What is this on?
3. Image
What is the name of this crater? What is it on? What is this area called, due to its bright nature?
1. Tycho crater. Ceres.
2. Kerwan crater. Ceres.
3. Haulani crater. Ceres. Faculae.
All right except 3, it's called "Spot 1" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_sp ... res#Spot_1
Dank Memes Area Homeschool 2017-2019

Community MS '19
WW-P HS North '23

Events: DyPlan, GeoMapping, Astro

Userpage

AwersomeUser
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: December 8th, 2018, 5:20 am
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System B

Post by AwersomeUser » March 25th, 2019, 11:39 am

LiteralRhinoceros wrote:
AwersomeUser wrote:
LiteralRhinoceros wrote:More ID
1. Image
What is the name of this crater? What is this on?
2. Image
What is the name of this crater? What is this on?
3. Image
What is the name of this crater? What is it on? What is this area called, due to its bright nature?
1. Tycho crater. Ceres.
2. Kerwan crater. Ceres.
3. Haulani crater. Ceres. Faculae.
All right except 3, it's called "Spot 1" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_sp ... res#Spot_1
You asked “what is the name of this crater” so... :?:
2018-2019: Fossils, Solar System, Sci Quiz Bowl (Trial)
2019-2020: Circuit Lab, Machines, Mission (Im)possible, Reach For The Stars
2020-2021: Anatomy & Physilogy (if no conflicts) Astronomy, Enviromental Chemistry, Machines <-- I want to do these...

User avatar
LiteralRhinoceros
Member
Member
Posts: 161
Joined: March 5th, 2018, 7:08 am
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Solar System B

Post by LiteralRhinoceros » March 25th, 2019, 12:48 pm

yeah "what is this area called" was also asked
Dank Memes Area Homeschool 2017-2019

Community MS '19
WW-P HS North '23

Events: DyPlan, GeoMapping, Astro

Userpage

AwersomeUser
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: December 8th, 2018, 5:20 am
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System B

Post by AwersomeUser » March 25th, 2019, 1:35 pm

LiteralRhinoceros wrote:yeah "what is this area called" was also asked
Oh. :|
2018-2019: Fossils, Solar System, Sci Quiz Bowl (Trial)
2019-2020: Circuit Lab, Machines, Mission (Im)possible, Reach For The Stars
2020-2021: Anatomy & Physilogy (if no conflicts) Astronomy, Enviromental Chemistry, Machines <-- I want to do these...

AwersomeUser
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: December 8th, 2018, 5:20 am
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System B

Post by AwersomeUser » March 25th, 2019, 1:40 pm

Image
Identify a, b, and c
[hide]Hint:|[/hide]b and c are moons

(Hopefully this isn’t too confusing)
2018-2019: Fossils, Solar System, Sci Quiz Bowl (Trial)
2019-2020: Circuit Lab, Machines, Mission (Im)possible, Reach For The Stars
2020-2021: Anatomy & Physilogy (if no conflicts) Astronomy, Enviromental Chemistry, Machines <-- I want to do these...

AwersomeUser
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: December 8th, 2018, 5:20 am
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System B

Post by AwersomeUser » March 27th, 2019, 9:51 am

AwersomeUser wrote:Image
Identify a, b, and c
[hide]Hint:|[/hide]b and c are moons

(Hopefully this isn’t too confusing)
Actually this is probably a really bad question so I am asking new questions.

1. What is hydrostatic equilibrium?
2. What date was Voyager 2 launched?
3. What is the purpose of the mission Lucy?
2018-2019: Fossils, Solar System, Sci Quiz Bowl (Trial)
2019-2020: Circuit Lab, Machines, Mission (Im)possible, Reach For The Stars
2020-2021: Anatomy & Physilogy (if no conflicts) Astronomy, Enviromental Chemistry, Machines <-- I want to do these...

User avatar
LiteralRhinoceros
Member
Member
Posts: 161
Joined: March 5th, 2018, 7:08 am
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Solar System B

Post by LiteralRhinoceros » March 29th, 2019, 1:53 pm

AwersomeUser wrote:
AwersomeUser wrote:Image
Identify a, b, and c
[hide]Hint:|[/hide]b and c are moons

(Hopefully this isn’t too confusing)
Actually this is probably a really bad question so I am asking new questions.

1. What is hydrostatic equilibrium?
2. What date was Voyager 2 launched?
3. What is the purpose of the mission Lucy?
For your original question, a is Haumea, b is Namaka, and c is Hi'aka. 1. Hydrostratic equilibrium is attained when the pressure of a body counters the weight of the body. This rounds the body. The smallest body in our solar system to attain hydrostatic equilibrium is Mimas.
2. August 20th, 1977
3. Lucy was made to visit Jupiter's trojans.
Dank Memes Area Homeschool 2017-2019

Community MS '19
WW-P HS North '23

Events: DyPlan, GeoMapping, Astro

Userpage

AwersomeUser
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: December 8th, 2018, 5:20 am
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System B

Post by AwersomeUser » March 29th, 2019, 6:37 pm

LiteralRhinoceros wrote:
AwersomeUser wrote:
AwersomeUser wrote:Image
Identify a, b, and c
[hide]Hint:|[/hide]b and c are moons

(Hopefully this isn’t too confusing)
Actually this is probably a really bad question so I am asking new questions.

1. What is hydrostatic equilibrium?
2. What date was Voyager 2 launched?
3. What is the purpose of the mission Lucy?
For your original question, a is Haumea, b is Namaka, and c is Hi'aka. 1. Hydrostratic equilibrium is attained when the pressure of a body counters the weight of the body. This rounds the body. The smallest body in our solar system to attain hydrostatic equilibrium is Mimas.
2. August 20th, 1977
3. Lucy was made to visit Jupiter's trojans.
Original: Yep! Good job.
1. Yes, but the second sentence is unnecessary. Would they take off points for that?
2. Yep.
3. Yep.

Your turn.
2018-2019: Fossils, Solar System, Sci Quiz Bowl (Trial)
2019-2020: Circuit Lab, Machines, Mission (Im)possible, Reach For The Stars
2020-2021: Anatomy & Physilogy (if no conflicts) Astronomy, Enviromental Chemistry, Machines <-- I want to do these...

User avatar
LiteralRhinoceros
Member
Member
Posts: 161
Joined: March 5th, 2018, 7:08 am
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Solar System B

Post by LiteralRhinoceros » March 30th, 2019, 6:43 am

AwersomeUser wrote:
LiteralRhinoceros wrote:
AwersomeUser wrote:
Actually this is probably a really bad question so I am asking new questions.

1. What is hydrostatic equilibrium?
2. What date was Voyager 2 launched?
3. What is the purpose of the mission Lucy?
For your original question, a is Haumea, b is Namaka, and c is Hi'aka. 1. Hydrostratic equilibrium is attained when the pressure of a body counters the weight of the body. This rounds the body. The smallest body in our solar system to attain hydrostatic equilibrium is Mimas.
2. August 20th, 1977
3. Lucy was made to visit Jupiter's trojans.
Original: Yep! Good job.
1. Yes, but the second sentence is unnecessary. Would they take off points for that?
2. Yep.
3. Yep.

Your turn.
They would probably take off points, I was just elaborating.
Dank Memes Area Homeschool 2017-2019

Community MS '19
WW-P HS North '23

Events: DyPlan, GeoMapping, Astro

Userpage

User avatar
LiteralRhinoceros
Member
Member
Posts: 161
Joined: March 5th, 2018, 7:08 am
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Solar System B

Post by LiteralRhinoceros » March 30th, 2019, 6:56 am

1. What is Haumea's provisional name?
2. What are Pluto's moons named after?
3. How long before Voyager 1 was Voyager 2 launched?
Dank Memes Area Homeschool 2017-2019

Community MS '19
WW-P HS North '23

Events: DyPlan, GeoMapping, Astro

Userpage

Post Reply

Return to “2019 Question Marathons”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest