roykim
Division: C
State: GA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Science Olympiad at MIT Invitational 2019

Post by roykim »

C8H10N4O2! wrote:
Name wrote:Has anyone else never recieved tests/medals back yet? It's been almost a month, and we don't have them yet. We've also recieved no response yet when emailing them.
I was wondering the same thing...
We've already received our tests back a few weeks ago. And you should have gotten your medals at the tournament during the awards ceremony.
Chattahoochee High School
Codebusters
Dynamic Planet
Fossils
Geologic Mapping
Machines
Roykim's Userpage
kate!
State: NY

Post by kate! »

roykim wrote:
C8H10N4O2! wrote:
Name wrote:Has anyone else never recieved tests/medals back yet? It's been almost a month, and we don't have them yet. We've also recieved no response yet when emailing them.
I was wondering the same thing...
We've already received our tests back a few weeks ago. And you should have gotten your medals at the tournament during the awards ceremony.
Several teams didn't attend the awards ceremony including Name's team.
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I knew stuff about birds and fossils!
Name
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Name »

kate! wrote:
roykim wrote: We've already received our tests back a few weeks ago. And you should have gotten your medals at the tournament during the awards ceremony.
Our team opted not to attend the award ceremony. They announced they sent out test/medals to teams that didn't attend awards around 2 weeks ago, which is more then enough time to mail the test/medals, yet we have yet to recieve them. On the website it says to email them if we have not recieved test/medals yet, and we have, but have recieved no response.
South Woods MS, Syosset HS '21
BirdSO TD/ES
Past Events: Microbe, Invasive, Matsci, Fermi, Astro, Code, Fossils
1st place MIT Codebusters 2019-2020
1st place NYS Fermi Questions (2019), Astronomy and Codebusters (2021)
Science Olympiad Founder's Scholarship winner
Unome
Division: Grad

Post by Unome »

Name wrote:
kate! wrote:
roykim wrote: We've already received our tests back a few weeks ago. And you should have gotten your medals at the tournament during the awards ceremony.
Our team opted not to attend the award ceremony. They announced they sent out test/medals to teams that didn't attend awards around 2 weeks ago, which is more then enough time to mail the test/medals, yet we have yet to recieve them. On the website it says to email them if we have not recieved test/medals yet, and we have, but have recieved no response.
I would recommend trying a different method of communication if you've received no response via email. (not much else you can do really)
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Name
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Name »

Unome wrote: I would recommend trying a different method of communication if you've received no response via email. (not much else you can do really)
Such as?
South Woods MS, Syosset HS '21
BirdSO TD/ES
Past Events: Microbe, Invasive, Matsci, Fermi, Astro, Code, Fossils
1st place MIT Codebusters 2019-2020
1st place NYS Fermi Questions (2019), Astronomy and Codebusters (2021)
Science Olympiad Founder's Scholarship winner
Unome

Post by Unome »

Name wrote:
Unome wrote: I would recommend trying a different method of communication if you've received no response via email. (not much else you can do really)
Such as?
Not sure. You could try to find a personal email address. Alternatively, you could try Facebook - I've done this on occasion. If you know someone personally who's involved with the tournament, that might be a good route. I assume you've already bumped the original email?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
primitivepolonium
State: CA

Post by primitivepolonium »

Unome wrote:
Name wrote:
Such as?
Not sure. You could try to find a personal email address. Alternatively, you could try Facebook - I've done this on occasion. If you know someone personally who's involved with the tournament, that might be a good route. I assume you've already bumped the original email?
My understanding is that only a few people have access to the main email, but that they've been bumped in person so things should hopefully get resolved soon.
Div D! I really like chem, oceanography, and nail polish--not in that order.

Troy HS, co2016.

Feel free to PM me about SciOly or college or whatever! I really enjoy making online friends.
C8H10N4O2!

Post by C8H10N4O2! »

Just an update, but yay we finally got our tests back! Several of the grades are quite a meme (so low lol), but overall, the MIT scioly experience was pretty good and fun!
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

C8H10N4O2! wrote:Just an update, but yay we finally got our tests back! Several of the grades are quite a meme (so low lol), but overall, the MIT scioly experience was pretty good and fun!
What were the scores anyway?
pikachu4919
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

WangwithaTang wrote:
C8H10N4O2! wrote:Just an update, but yay we finally got our tests back! Several of the grades are quite a meme (so low lol), but overall, the MIT scioly experience was pretty good and fun!
What were the scores anyway?
Overall scores: https://app.avogadro.ws/invitational/mit-c/

In the folder with the exams and keys, the maximum score in each event is published (no distributions or other raw scores). Raw scores are hard to get in general, you have to have connections with the people who either have them or have access to them, and even so, they likely will not be willing to disclose them.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!

MY CABBAGES!

Return to “2019 Invitationals”