Science Olympiad at MIT Invitational 2019

roykim
Member
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: June 14th, 2017, 2:10 pm
Division: C
State: GA
Location: Summoner's Rift
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Science Olympiad at MIT Invitational 2019

Post by roykim » February 13th, 2019, 2:44 pm

C8H10N4O2! wrote:
Name wrote:Has anyone else never recieved tests/medals back yet? It's been almost a month, and we don't have them yet. We've also recieved no response yet when emailing them.
I was wondering the same thing...
We've already received our tests back a few weeks ago. And you should have gotten your medals at the tournament during the awards ceremony.
Chattahoochee High School
Codebusters
Dynamic Planet
Fossils
Geologic Mapping
Machines
Roykim's Userpage

User avatar
kate!
Member
Member
Posts: 441
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Ward Melville HS
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Science Olympiad at MIT Invitational 2019

Post by kate! » February 13th, 2019, 2:47 pm

roykim wrote:
C8H10N4O2! wrote:
Name wrote:Has anyone else never recieved tests/medals back yet? It's been almost a month, and we don't have them yet. We've also recieved no response yet when emailing them.
I was wondering the same thing...
We've already received our tests back a few weeks ago. And you should have gotten your medals at the tournament during the awards ceremony.
Several teams didn't attend the awards ceremony including Name's team.
Two years ago I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Last year I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and more experiments, yay again!
Now I know stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils, yay for the third time!

User avatar
Name
Member
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: January 21st, 2018, 4:41 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Syosset
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Science Olympiad at MIT Invitational 2019

Post by Name » February 13th, 2019, 3:25 pm

kate! wrote:
roykim wrote: We've already received our tests back a few weeks ago. And you should have gotten your medals at the tournament during the awards ceremony.
Several teams didn't attend the awards ceremony including Name's team.
Our team opted not to attend the award ceremony. They announced they sent out test/medals to teams that didn't attend awards around 2 weeks ago, which is more then enough time to mail the test/medals, yet we have yet to recieve them. On the website it says to email them if we have not recieved test/medals yet, and we have, but have recieved no response.
Syosset HS '21
Favorite Past Events: Microbe, Invasive, Matsci, Fermi
Events!: Astro, Code, Fossils
Cornell/LISO/Duke/MIT/Regionals/Brown/SOUP
Astro: 2/4/2/10/2/2/3
Code: 9/1/2/1/1/1/1
Fossils: 16/13/6/9/2/3/8
1 fermi cornell, 10 orni LISO, 4 green gen regionals

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4250
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Science Olympiad at MIT Invitational 2019

Post by Unome » February 13th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Name wrote:
kate! wrote:
roykim wrote: We've already received our tests back a few weeks ago. And you should have gotten your medals at the tournament during the awards ceremony.
Several teams didn't attend the awards ceremony including Name's team.
Our team opted not to attend the award ceremony. They announced they sent out test/medals to teams that didn't attend awards around 2 weeks ago, which is more then enough time to mail the test/medals, yet we have yet to recieve them. On the website it says to email them if we have not recieved test/medals yet, and we have, but have recieved no response.
I would recommend trying a different method of communication if you've received no response via email. (not much else you can do really)
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
Name
Member
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: January 21st, 2018, 4:41 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Syosset
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Science Olympiad at MIT Invitational 2019

Post by Name » February 13th, 2019, 4:27 pm

Unome wrote: I would recommend trying a different method of communication if you've received no response via email. (not much else you can do really)
Such as?
Syosset HS '21
Favorite Past Events: Microbe, Invasive, Matsci, Fermi
Events!: Astro, Code, Fossils
Cornell/LISO/Duke/MIT/Regionals/Brown/SOUP
Astro: 2/4/2/10/2/2/3
Code: 9/1/2/1/1/1/1
Fossils: 16/13/6/9/2/3/8
1 fermi cornell, 10 orni LISO, 4 green gen regionals

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4250
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Science Olympiad at MIT Invitational 2019

Post by Unome » February 13th, 2019, 4:30 pm

Name wrote:
Unome wrote: I would recommend trying a different method of communication if you've received no response via email. (not much else you can do really)
Such as?
Not sure. You could try to find a personal email address. Alternatively, you could try Facebook - I've done this on occasion. If you know someone personally who's involved with the tournament, that might be a good route. I assume you've already bumped the original email?
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

primitivepolonium
Member
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: August 3rd, 2013, 9:00 am
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Science Olympiad at MIT Invitational 2019

Post by primitivepolonium » February 13th, 2019, 5:32 pm

Unome wrote:
Name wrote:
Unome wrote: I would recommend trying a different method of communication if you've received no response via email. (not much else you can do really)
Such as?
Not sure. You could try to find a personal email address. Alternatively, you could try Facebook - I've done this on occasion. If you know someone personally who's involved with the tournament, that might be a good route. I assume you've already bumped the original email?
My understanding is that only a few people have access to the main email, but that they've been bumped in person so things should hopefully get resolved soon.
Div D! I really like chem, oceanography, and nail polish--not in that order.

Troy HS, co2016.

Feel free to PM me about SciOly or college or whatever! I really enjoy making online friends.

C8H10N4O2!
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: October 4th, 2018, 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Science Olympiad at MIT Invitational 2019

Post by C8H10N4O2! » February 19th, 2019, 7:42 pm

Just an update, but yay we finally got our tests back! Several of the grades are quite a meme (so low lol), but overall, the MIT scioly experience was pretty good and fun!

WangwithaTang
Member
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: January 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Science Olympiad at MIT Invitational 2019

Post by WangwithaTang » March 20th, 2019, 10:09 pm

C8H10N4O2! wrote:Just an update, but yay we finally got our tests back! Several of the grades are quite a meme (so low lol), but overall, the MIT scioly experience was pretty good and fun!
What were the scores anyway?

User avatar
pikachu4919
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 699
Joined: December 7th, 2012, 2:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: IN
Location: West [Favorite Fightin' Frenchman!]
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Science Olympiad at MIT Invitational 2019

Post by pikachu4919 » March 23rd, 2019, 12:45 pm

WangwithaTang wrote:
C8H10N4O2! wrote:Just an update, but yay we finally got our tests back! Several of the grades are quite a meme (so low lol), but overall, the MIT scioly experience was pretty good and fun!
What were the scores anyway?
Overall scores: https://app.avogadro.ws/invitational/mit-c/

In the folder with the exams and keys, the maximum score in each event is published (no distributions or other raw scores). Raw scores are hard to get in general, you have to have connections with the people who either have them or have access to them, and even so, they likely will not be willing to disclose them.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '20
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics


Not throwin' away my shot!
MY CABBAGES!

pikachu4919's Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Rate my tests!

Post Reply

Return to “2019 Invitationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest