2019 Princeton University Invitational

linusw
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2019 Princeton University Invitational

Post by linusw »

We are excited to announce that the third annual Princeton University Science Olympiad Invitational will be on Saturday, February 9th, 2019! Registration will open at 6:30 PM EST on Tuesday, September 18th, 2018, and will close when all slots are filled. We will continue to post further updates later in the month, and all information can be found at scioly.princeton.edu.

Our registration policy this year has changed in several ways. While our team quota remains at 48, due to the amount of interest in our tournament, only the first eight schools to register requesting two teams will receive two slots for the tournament. Subsequent schools to register will only receive one slot for the tournament. As before, registration is on a first-come first-serve basis. Teams to register after registration is full will receive a spot on the waitlist in chronological order. In addition, similar to last year, we are waiving the participation fee for all teams. We believe that Science Olympiad tournaments should be financially accessible to all, and we hope that waiving the participation fee will allow teams to attend more invitational tournaments across the country. Progress is also underway for obtaining steeper hotel/lodging discounts near Princeton University’s campus.

Key features of this year’s tournament include:
- All 23 Division C national events will be run in accordance to the official event rules, and on the national tournament schedule.
- Tests will be written by experienced alumni at Princeton and all events will be reviewed and revised by our executive board for quality.
- Coaches will not be required to write tests or volunteer in any capacity.
- Tests and solutions with raw score statistics will be made available to competing teams following the tournament.

We are pleased to announce that June Ho Park (2020) and Linus Wang (2021) will direct the 2019 tournament. William Jiao and Shirley Zhang are taking on advisory roles on the planning team.

We hope to see you all on Princeton’s beautiful campus in February! Check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/princetonscioly/, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to email us at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Princeton University Science Olympiad
Last edited by linusw on September 10th, 2018, 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
spatel6
Division: C
State: MA
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2019 Princeton University Invitational

Post by spatel6 »

Any schools know if they're going or planning on going to Princeton?
pb5754
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by pb5754 »

spatel6 wrote:Any schools know if they're going or planning on going to Princeton?
Although I don't know for sure, I'm pretty confident all of the top NJ schools (WWPN/S, Montgomery, JPS, PHS, South/East Brunswick, etc.) will be attending.
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21
2021 Nationals: Astronomy - 1st, Geologic Mapping - 1st, Team - 6th
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

spatel6 wrote:Any schools know if they're going or planning on going to Princeton?
I’m going.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Raleway »

bernard wrote:
I’m going.
Is our mascot the doggo going to be there :O
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

bernard wrote:
I’m going.
Same hopefully!
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
maxxxxx
State: PA

Post by maxxxxx »

You'll be there, right, bernard? ;)
Lower Merion Class Of 2017
pikachu4919
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

windu34 wrote:
bernard wrote:
I’m going.
Same hopefully!

I actually can't go this year since the requested date of Feb. 9, 2019 for Purdue Regionals got approved (wasn't my choice, I didn't think it would be approved, but it did) and I can't exactly abandon my own tournament... ye. I'm upset too, but it's all officially announced, what more can ya do?

Have fun, guys! I might help with evaluating tests, tearing them apart and telling people to make them as hard as possible, though, if I get asked to!
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Raleway »

Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman
fanjiatian

Post by fanjiatian »

Also omg throwback to last year's 3 page bernard post train..

Return to “2019 Invitationals”