2019 Rustin (B-div) Invitational

Post Reply
GoldenKnight1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 217
Joined: May 2nd, 2009, 5:02 pm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

2019 Rustin (B-div) Invitational

Post by GoldenKnight1 » September 21st, 2018, 6:35 am

The Bayard Rustin B-Div invitational on January 5th in West Chester, PA has only 4 spots left. If your school is interested in attending be sure to have your team's coach complete the form found on our website. Currently the following 35 schools from 7 different states will be attending:

Abington Heights
Bala Cynwyd
Bedford Middle School
CJ Hooker Middle School
Community Middle School
CPWeber
Devon Preparatory School
Eagle View Middle School
G.A. Stetson
Garnet Valley Middle School
Good Hope Middle School
Harlan Rowe Middle School
Haverford Middle School
Hershey Middle School
J. R. Fugett MS
Kutztown Middle School
Louise Archer ES
Luther Jackson Middle School
North Bethesda Middle School
North Pocono Middle School
Northley Middle School
Orefield Middle School
P J Gelinas
Pond Road Middle School
Pond Road Middle School
Seton Catholic Central
Springhouse Middle School
Springton Lake
St Ann
Strath Haven Middle School
The Bay Academy
Twin Valley Middle School
Wayne Highlands MIddle School
Welsh Valley Middle School
Wyoming Seminary

User avatar
sciolyperson1
Member
Member
Posts: 653
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: 2019 Rustin (B-div) Invitational

Post by sciolyperson1 » September 21st, 2018, 10:33 am

GoldenKnight1 wrote:The Bayard Rustin B-Div invitational on January 5th in West Chester, PA has only 4 spots left. If your school is interested in attending be sure to have your team's coach complete the form found on our website. Currently the following 35 schools from 7 different states will be attending:

Abington Heights
Bala Cynwyd
Bedford Middle School
CJ Hooker Middle School
Community Middle School
CPWeber
Devon Preparatory School
Eagle View Middle School
G.A. Stetson
Garnet Valley Middle School
Good Hope Middle School
Harlan Rowe Middle School
Haverford Middle School
Hershey Middle School
J. R. Fugett MS
Kutztown Middle School
Louise Archer ES
Luther Jackson Middle School
North Bethesda Middle School
North Pocono Middle School
Northley Middle School
Orefield Middle School
P J Gelinas
Pond Road Middle School
Pond Road Middle School
Seton Catholic Central
Springhouse Middle School
Springton Lake
St Ann
Strath Haven Middle School
The Bay Academy
Twin Valley Middle School
Wayne Highlands MIddle School
Welsh Valley Middle School
Wyoming Seminary
The list looks extremely similar to last years rustin comp :?

Any early predictions?
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18
sciolyperson1's Userpage
Nats:
Team - 3rd '18, '19
Roller - 1st '19
Mystery - 3rd '19
Buggy - 4th '19, 5th '18
Mission - 3rd '17

MIT:
Gravity - 1st '20

'20: Gravity - Boomi - WIDI - PPP
Vehicle event medalling streak - 1 :(
Rate my tests!

Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 636
Joined: February 17th, 2017, 10:46 am
Division: C
State: PA
Location: probably somewhere crying
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2019 Rustin (B-div) Invitational

Post by Anomaly » September 21st, 2018, 10:54 am

sciolyperson1 wrote: The list looks extremely similar to last years rustin comp :?

Any early predictions?
Is that a bad thing that it looks similar to last year's competition?
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling

User avatar
sciolyperson1
Member
Member
Posts: 653
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: 2019 Rustin (B-div) Invitational

Post by sciolyperson1 » September 21st, 2018, 2:30 pm

Anomaly wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote: The list looks extremely similar to last years rustin comp :?

Any early predictions?
Is that a bad thing that it looks similar to last year's competition?
Nope, I didn't mean it that way. I'm just stating the top tier teams are the same (CMS, Springhouse, Gelinas, Bedford, Bethesda..)
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18
sciolyperson1's Userpage
Nats:
Team - 3rd '18, '19
Roller - 1st '19
Mystery - 3rd '19
Buggy - 4th '19, 5th '18
Mission - 3rd '17

MIT:
Gravity - 1st '20

'20: Gravity - Boomi - WIDI - PPP
Vehicle event medalling streak - 1 :(
Rate my tests!

GoldenKnight1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 217
Joined: May 2nd, 2009, 5:02 pm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 2019 Rustin (B-div) Invitational

Post by GoldenKnight1 » September 24th, 2018, 8:36 am

sciolyperson1 wrote:I'm just stating the top tier teams are the same (CMS, Springhouse, Gelinas, Bedford, Bethesda..)
True. The only real addition this year so far is Harlan Rowe who had an amazing breakout year in 2018 placing 7th in the state. And we do have 12 of the top 15 teams in the state (can't convince those 3 near Pittsburgh to make the trip). Also 4 of the top 6 from NY. Not to mention the top teams in both NJ and MD. Unfortunately Northmont is the same weekend so it is unlikely we will get any from OH.

User avatar
sciolyperson1
Member
Member
Posts: 653
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: 2019 Rustin (B-div) Invitational

Post by sciolyperson1 » December 12th, 2018, 5:57 pm

GoldenKnight1 wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:I'm just stating the top tier teams are the same (CMS, Springhouse, Gelinas, Bedford, Bethesda..)
True. The only real addition this year so far is Harlan Rowe who had an amazing breakout year in 2018 placing 7th in the state. And we do have 12 of the top 15 teams in the state (can't convince those 3 near Pittsburgh to make the trip). Also 4 of the top 6 from NY. Not to mention the top teams in both NJ and MD. Unfortunately Northmont is the same weekend so it is unlikely we will get any from OH.
Awards spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1262438699

Same formatting as last year's SONT spreadsheet, with different events and the Div C sections deleted. Predictions are implemented into the spreadsheet as well.
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18
sciolyperson1's Userpage
Nats:
Team - 3rd '18, '19
Roller - 1st '19
Mystery - 3rd '19
Buggy - 4th '19, 5th '18
Mission - 3rd '17

MIT:
Gravity - 1st '20

'20: Gravity - Boomi - WIDI - PPP
Vehicle event medalling streak - 1 :(
Rate my tests!

Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 636
Joined: February 17th, 2017, 10:46 am
Division: C
State: PA
Location: probably somewhere crying
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2019 Rustin (B-div) Invitational

Post by Anomaly » December 26th, 2018, 10:43 am

Predictions cause why not?

1. Community
2. Springhouse
3. Gelinas
4. Bay Academy
5. uhhh idk North Bethesda?
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling

User avatar
kate!
Member
Member
Posts: 441
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Ward Melville HS
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2019 Rustin (B-div) Invitational

Post by kate! » December 26th, 2018, 12:01 pm

Anomaly wrote:Predictions cause why not?

1. Community
2. Springhouse
3. Gelinas
4. Bay Academy
5. uhhh idk North Bethesda?
Bedford
Two years ago I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Last year I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and more experiments, yay again!
Now I know stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils, yay for the third time!

User avatar
builderguy135
Member
Member
Posts: 658
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 12:24 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: 2019 Rustin (B-div) Invitational

Post by builderguy135 » December 26th, 2018, 12:14 pm

kate! wrote:
Anomaly wrote:Predictions cause why not?

1. Community
2. Springhouse
3. Gelinas
4. Bay Academy
5. uhhh idk North Bethesda?
Bedford
agreed
HSN '22 & DMAH Co-Captain
6-time medalist in Nationals 2019
2020 Sounds MIT and Princeton Champion
2020 (and probably 2021 :( ) Events: PPP/Sounds/Wright/Code/PaRaSiToLoGy

Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 636
Joined: February 17th, 2017, 10:46 am
Division: C
State: PA
Location: probably somewhere crying
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2019 Rustin (B-div) Invitational

Post by Anomaly » December 26th, 2018, 3:40 pm

builderguy135 wrote:
kate! wrote:
Anomaly wrote:Predictions cause why not?

1. Community
2. Springhouse
3. Gelinas
4. Bay Academy
5. uhhh idk North Bethesda?
Bedford
agreed
omg i was looking for their name on the list but I must have scanned over it oops
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling

Post Reply

Return to “2019 Invitationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest