Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: 2019 Rustin (B-div) Invitational

Post by sciolyperson1 »

builderguy135 wrote:
IvanGe wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:
If you're more careful, builds won't bomb nearly as easily. To give some context, all our builds got 1st or 2nd at LISO.
hmmmm, I'm sure proctors for roller were SO good at LISO. They measured one of our rollers wrong...... and I'm pretty sure it's the same proctors for Rustin, we'll have to see :?: :?:
I'm sure my brother and I would've won even without the baseless accusations in your post. Although I agree that some measurements might have been a little bit small (a 33cm jump got measured to 32cm) I think that the way they ran the event was fair for every team. My coach ran this event, and I know as a fact that she would not cheat or manipulate the results to benefit our team. In fact, our second team was almost dq'ed because the student's parents were not leaving her side during impound. If I were you, I might make the measurements just a little smaller/larger to be more within the rules. I'd also stop making sarcastic accusations just because you got tiered at LISO.

By the way, if your team disagreed with the measurements, you didn't have to sign the sheet to confirm the specs of the roller at impound.

Thanks! :D

According to you, "They measured one of our rollers wrong......". After competing, all partners were given a chance to review all scores and lengths for all aspects of the checklist, and competitors were given a chance to intervene and say something about a mismeasured score, or sign their initials. The checklist was returned to your team in the test packet after competition.
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
IvanGe
State: NY
Been thanked: 0

Post by IvanGe »

sciolyperson1 wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:
IvanGe wrote:
hmmmm, I'm sure proctors for roller were SO good at LISO. They measured one of our rollers wrong...... and I'm pretty sure it's the same proctors for Rustin, we'll have to see :?: :?:
I'm sure my brother and I would've won even without the baseless accusations in your post. Although I agree that some measurements might have been a little bit small (a 33cm jump got measured to 32cm) I think that the way they ran the event was fair for every team. My coach ran this event, and I know as a fact that she would not cheat or manipulate the results to benefit our team. In fact, our second team was almost dq'ed because the student's parents were not leaving her side during impound. If I were you, I might make the measurements just a little smaller/larger to be more within the rules. I'd also stop making sarcastic accusations just because you got tiered at LISO.

By the way, if your team disagreed with the measurements, you didn't have to sign the sheet to confirm the specs of the roller at impound.

According to you, "They measured one of our rollers wrong......". After competing, all partners were given a chance to review all scores and lengths for all aspects of the checklist, and competitors were given a chance to intervene and say something about a mismeasured score, or sign their initials. The checklist was returned to your team in the test packet after competition.
Just because someone accidentally falls into their roller doesn't mean the proctors should have denied their request to ask for them to remeasure it so they couldn't do anything else. I agree they could have appealed or such, but they should've remeasured it in the first place. Last year during impound, we were allowed to readjust our rollers if the proctor deemed it to be oversized. They should've had the chance to readjust it anyways, which they were not given.
Last edited by IvanGe on January 1st, 2019, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gelinas 2016-2019, wmhs'22

nats '19:
5th - potions
5th - fossils
9th - buggy
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by sciolyperson1 »

IvanGe wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:

Just because someone accidentally falls into their roller doesn't mean the proctors should have denied their request to ask for them to remeasure it. They should've had the chance to readjust it anyways.
When did they fall into their roller? Before or after competing?
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
IvanGe

Post by IvanGe »

sciolyperson1 wrote:
IvanGe wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:

Just because someone accidentally falls into their roller doesn't mean the proctors should have denied their request to ask for them to remeasure it. They should've had the chance to readjust it anyways.
Before they started their runs. She asked them to remeasure the roller but before they could, she accidentally fell into it. Then they decided to not measure it again.

nats '19:
5th - potions
5th - fossils
9th - buggy
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by builderguy135 »

IvanGe wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:

Just because someone accidentally falls into their roller doesn't mean the proctors should have denied their request to ask for them to remeasure it so they couldn't do anything else. I agree they could have appealed or such, but they should've remeasured it in the first place. Last year during impound, we were allowed to readjust our rollers if the proctor deemed it to be oversized. They should've had the chance to readjust it anyways, which they were not given.
"Last year during impound, we were allowed to readjust our rollers if the proctor deemed it to be oversized."

Just because they "let you do it last year" doesn't mean it's right.

Rule 3g: "the overall dimensions of the device may not change during the competition [in the 8 minutes]"

Rule 4c: "After retrieving their device from the Impound Area, teams will be given 8 minutes to set up their Roller Coaster and complete up to two scorable runs. Participants may level their Roller Coaster at the beginning of their time [the 8 minutes]"
IvanGe wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:
IvanGe wrote:
Before they started their runs. She asked them to remeasure the roller but before they could, she accidentally fell into it. Then they decided to not measure it again.
"Before they started their runs."

Look at rule 3g again. Check your facts.

Also, Happy New Year! :)
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
IvanGe

Post by IvanGe »

builderguy135 wrote:
IvanGe wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:

"Last year during impound, we were allowed to readjust our rollers if the proctor deemed it to be oversized."

Rule 3g: "the overall dimensions of the device may not change during the competition [in the 8 minutes]"

Rule 4c: "After retrieving their device from the Impound Area, teams will be given 8 minutes to set up their Roller Coaster and complete up to two scorable runs. Participants may level their Roller Coaster at the beginning of their time [the 8 minutes]"
IvanGe wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:

Sorry, I'm pretty sure impound is before they started their runs. Am I wrong?

nats '19:
5th - potions
5th - fossils
9th - buggy
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by builderguy135 »

IvanGe wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:
IvanGe wrote:

IvanGe wrote:

The way you worded it was very unclear, but sorry if I misinterpreted you. You are allowed to change your device dimensions during impound, but it was clear to everyone (because the ES stated multiple times) that it had to be re-impounded if you touched it/moved something. For example, even though all I did was test run it after it was impounded, one of the helpers there had to impound it again. I highly doubt that they would make you leave the Impound Area and not let you get re-impounded, unless it was at the end of impound.

Again, you shouldn't have signed the form that they gave you to verify your specs. By signing that form, you agreed that their measurements were correct and that tier was justified.
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
IvanGe

Post by IvanGe »

builderguy135 wrote:
IvanGe wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:

The way you worded it was very unclear, but sorry if I misinterpreted you. You are allowed to change your device dimensions during impound, but it was clear to everyone (because the ES stated multiple times) that it had to be re-impounded if you touched it/moved something. For example, even though all I did was test run it after it was impounded, one of the helpers there had to impound it again. I highly doubt that they would make you leave the Impound Area and not let you get re-impounded, unless it was at the end of impound.

Again, you shouldn't have signed the form that they gave you to verify your specs. By signing that form, you agreed that their measurements were correct and that tier was justified.
Well, they should've gotten the chance to re-impound it, and they left immediately at the time when impound started, so timing shouldn't have been an issue. Although yes, I agree that they shouldn't have signed it.

nats '19:
5th - potions
5th - fossils
9th - buggy
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by builderguy135 »

IvanGe wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:
IvanGe wrote:

Well, they should've gotten the chance to re-impound it, and they left immediately at the time when impound started, so timing shouldn't have been an issue. Although yes, I agree that they shouldn't have signed it.
If they left immediately then they obviously couldn't get impounded again...
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
GoldenKnight1
Coach
Coach
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0

Post by GoldenKnight1 »

See you all in less than 25 hours. Good luck to all.

Return to “2019 Invitationals”