Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: 2019 Harvard Science Olympiad Div. B Invitational

Post by builderguy135 »

Rivkaaa wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote: I don't think it's as much that Springhouse's Solon performance doesn't accurately represent their actual performance, but that their performance is a little overstated due to where Solon placed. I think Springhouse's performance relative to the other schools that were present (Solon itself notwithstanding) is about in line with their previous performances.
Springhouse bombed a lot LISO, Rustin, and Garnet though.

LISO: 12, 15, 17
Rustin: 49, 52 :?:
Garnet: 17, 20, 21
Solon: Springhouse got 24 and 18 as their worst placements. Solon got 41, 32, and 27 - unusual, as they won exdesi, got 2nd in mystery, and 1st in roller at northmont. They also did extremely well in these events at Centerville. In addition, all of these events are the type that are easy to bomb. I'd say it's just bad luck tbh.
Yeah, I agree that such events are easy to mess up (as I have seen occur on my team too), but Springhouse has been crushing it more and more recently! I believe that it'll be a very close race between Bay, Springhouse, and Solon, and I can't wait for it! Best of luck to everyone attending Harvard!
Solon isn't going to Harvard. In addition, results such as Centerville show how strong Solon truly is. They beat out 50(!!!) other teams and HALVED Daniel Wright's score. Notable teams at Centerville include Daniel Wright, Magsig, Marie Murphy, Meads Mill, Piedmont, Slauson, and Tower Heights - all of which have placed extremely well at Nationals before. Sure, amazing teams screw up sometimes. It happens to everyone.

Between Bay and Springhouse though, it is extremely likely that they will go within 30-40 points at Harvard. There's only 32 teams, and one bomb could be the difference between winning and getting second.
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
Rivkaaa
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Rivkaaa »

builderguy135 wrote:
Rivkaaa wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:
Springhouse bombed a lot LISO, Rustin, and Garnet though.

LISO: 12, 15, 17
Rustin: 49, 52 :?:
Garnet: 17, 20, 21
Solon: Springhouse got 24 and 18 as their worst placements. Solon got 41, 32, and 27 - unusual, as they won exdesi, got 2nd in mystery, and 1st in roller at northmont. They also did extremely well in these events at Centerville. In addition, all of these events are the type that are easy to bomb. I'd say it's just bad luck tbh.
Yeah, I agree that such events are easy to mess up (as I have seen occur on my team too), but Springhouse has been crushing it more and more recently! I believe that it'll be a very close race between Bay, Springhouse, and Solon, and I can't wait for it! Best of luck to everyone attending Harvard!
Solon isn't going to Harvard. In addition, results such as Centerville show how strong Solon truly is. They beat out 50(!!!) other teams and HALVED Daniel Wright's score. Notable teams at Centerville include Daniel Wright, Magsig, Marie Murphy, Meads Mill, Piedmont, Slauson, and Tower Heights - all of which have placed extremely well at Nationals before. Sure, amazing teams screw up sometimes. It happens to everyone.

Between Bay and Springhouse though, it is extremely likely that they will go within 30-40 points at Harvard. There's only 32 teams, and one bomb could be the difference between winning and getting second.
Yeah, that's true. Even though Springhouse has always beat Bay, our team is determined to put our all into getting first! Once again, best of luck to everyone attending!
2018 events: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Microbe Mission
2019 events: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Water Quality
Bay Academy
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by builderguy135 »

Rivkaaa wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:
Rivkaaa wrote:

Yeah, that's true. Even though Springhouse has always beat Bay, our team is determined to put our all into getting first! Once again, best of luck to everyone attending!
I never said Springhouse would beat bayaca ;)
me wrote: it is extremely likely that they will go within 30-40 points at Harvard.
Good luck!
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
Rivkaaa

Post by Rivkaaa »

builderguy135 wrote:
Rivkaaa wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:

me wrote: it is extremely likely that they will go within 30-40 points at Harvard.
Good luck!
thanks! Nice to see community rooting for Bay to some extent :D See you at Cornell!
Bay Academy
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by builderguy135 »

Rivkaaa wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:
Rivkaaa wrote:
Good luck!
thanks! Nice to see community rooting for Bay to some extent :D See you at Cornell!
You too! :D
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
Rivkaaa

Post by Rivkaaa »

I'm just wondering if we should bring boxes with the usual items on the requred lab equipment list since there will be no wet labs for CB and PP.
Bay Academy
thecatgod

Post by thecatgod »

I would suggest bringing the materials for performing labs to be safe.
Medal Count 2018: 20
Rustin/Garnet/Islip/Cornell/Regionals/States
Hovercraft:3/4/4/1/1/1
Thermo:16/6/1/3/1/5
Quiz Bowl:4/-/2/-/-/-/
Optics:11/7/-/-/-/1
Experimental:-/-/-/23/2/5
Road Scholar:-/-/-/-/2/2
Fast Facts:-/-/-/6/-/-/
Rivkaaa

Post by Rivkaaa »

thecatgod wrote:I would suggest bringing the materials for performing labs to be safe.
Yeah, that's what Dr. Cubbin suggested that we do too, we just weren't too sure :)
Bay Academy
Rivkaaa

Post by Rivkaaa »

Just 1 day left! Anyone else have last minute jitters?
Bay Academy
thecatgod

Post by thecatgod »

I would like to wish everyone who is competing tomorrow the best of luck and to do their absolute best (and then a little bit more!). May we all have some fun in the process too.
Medal Count 2018: 20
Rustin/Garnet/Islip/Cornell/Regionals/States
Hovercraft:3/4/4/1/1/1
Thermo:16/6/1/3/1/5
Quiz Bowl:4/-/2/-/-/-/
Optics:11/7/-/-/-/1
Experimental:-/-/-/23/2/5
Road Scholar:-/-/-/-/2/2
Fast Facts:-/-/-/6/-/-/

Return to “2019 Invitationals”