Ukiah Invitational (NorCal) Feb 23rd could use a few more

SOPomo
Has thanked: 0

Ukiah Invitational (NorCal) Feb 23rd could use a few more

Post by SOPomo »

Hello all,

Ukiah is hosting our first invitational on Saturday, February 23rd, modeled after the experts from Churchill / Mira Loma / Chirstensen who have been doing invites for years (or decades). We have room for a couple more Div B and Div C teams, trying to get as many as possible who would want to travel up to us the way we travel down to you all for invites. We're planning a 9am start (like Churchill) for anyone who wishes to do the drive early Saturday morning instead of grabbing Friday night hotels, and we're also planning gift card prizes for medalists as an extra incentive to come on up to us to help make our first one a success. I know most of the Sacramento and Bay Area ones fill up immediately, so if you missed your chance or could use one more practice before Regionals (or after if you're from SoCal), let me know on a message here or via email [email protected] for more information. Cheers, and good luck this year.
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Ukiah Invitational (NorCal) Feb 23rd could use a few more

Post by Unome »

SOPomo wrote:modeled after the experts from Churchill / Mira Loma / Chirstensen who have been doing invites for years (or decades).
Just wanted to point out that the oldest invitationals in CA (to my knowledge) are Mira Loma and Troy, which started around 5 years ago. The massive growth in CA invitationals is very recent.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Dohnnovan
Division: B
State: CA
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dohnnovan »

Unome wrote:
SOPomo wrote:modeled after the experts from Churchill / Mira Loma / Chirstensen who have been doing invites for years (or decades).
Just wanted to point out that the oldest invitationals in CA (to my knowledge) are Mira Loma and Troy, which started around 5 years ago. The massive growth in CA invitationals is very recent.
(I’m not 100% sure about this) I’m pretty sure the Christensen coach used to be Solons coach, and that’s where I think the decades comes from.
Ukiah High School '20
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Dohnnovan wrote:
Unome wrote:
(I’m not 100% sure about this) I’m pretty sure the Christensen coach used to be Solons coach, and that’s where I think the decades comes from.
Ah, that is true - I'd forgotten about that.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
SOPomo

Post by SOPomo »

Unome wrote:
Dohnnovan wrote:
Unome wrote: Just wanted to point out that the oldest invitationals in CA (to my knowledge) are Mira Loma and Troy, which started around 5 years ago. The massive growth in CA invitationals is very recent.
Ah, that is true - I'd forgotten about that.
Yes, was referencing the former Solon coach. I believe he was well into his 20s in number of invites he's put on when he talked to us at his last invite's rewards.

Return to “2019 Invitationals”