BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
ScottMaurer19
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 0

Re: West Liberty/Salem

Post by ScottMaurer19 »

For those who were wondering we did not stack. We had a total of 12 drafts between the two teams and 2 events per team that people competed in by themselves along with some questionable things including the scores on our tests not matching what the raw score spreadsheet had. Speech & Debate state tournament along with the weird schedule caused the large number of drafts and I would assume that other teams had similar issues scheduling.
Solon '19 Captain, CWRU '23
2017 (r/s/n):
Hydro: 3/5/18
Robot Arm: na/1/1
Rocks: 1/1/1

2018 (r/s/n):
Heli: 2/1/7 
Herp: 1/4/4
Mission: 1/1/6
Eco: 6/3/9

2019 (r/s/n):
Fossils: 1/1/1
GLM: 1/1/1
Herp: 1/1/5
Mission: 1/1/3
WS: 4/1/10

Top 3 Medals: 144
Golds: 80
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by builderguy135 »

ScottMaurer19 wrote:For those who were wondering we did not stack. We had a total of 12 drafts between the two teams and 2 events per team that people competed in by themselves along with some questionable things including the scores on our tests not matching what the raw score spreadsheet had. Speech & Debate state tournament along with the weird schedule caused the large number of drafts and I would assume that other teams had similar issues scheduling.
Do you know anything about the Division B team, and if they stacked? Thanks :D
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
ScottMaurer19

Post by ScottMaurer19 »

builderguy135 wrote:
ScottMaurer19 wrote:For those who were wondering we did not stack. We had a total of 12 drafts between the two teams and 2 events per team that people competed in by themselves along with some questionable things including the scores on our tests not matching what the raw score spreadsheet had. Speech & Debate state tournament along with the weird schedule caused the large number of drafts and I would assume that other teams had similar issues scheduling.
Do you know anything about the Division B team, and if they stacked? Thanks :D
I have no idea. All I was told is that several mechanicals bombed, they were missing one of their captains due to S&D, and they had similar scheduling conflicts that we did.
2017 (r/s/n):

2018 (r/s/n):

2019 (r/s/n):

4Head
Been thanked: 0

Post by 4Head »

what's a draft?
2019 Sounds of Music National Champion
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

4Head wrote:
what's a draft?
Based on the context, I assume it refers to throwing someone into an event that they don't do.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
4Head
Been thanked: 0

Post by 4Head »

Unome wrote:
4Head wrote:
what's a draft?
Based on the context, I assume it refers to throwing someone into an event that they don't do.
thank you sir
2019 Sounds of Music National Champion
nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach

Post by nicholasmaurer »

I do have a scoresheet for WLS Div C, but I also know of several irregularities that make me question its validity. For example, the scores on the sheet do not match the results I personally submitted for Experimental Design... As another example, our Sounds of Music team who performed better on both the test and device portions is ranked lower than our other team on this scoresheet... Additionally, the scoresheet does not match what was announced at awards. I have not heard back from the Tournament Director yet on these issues. I will post results if/when I have a corrected scoresheet.
Assistant Coach and Alumnus ('14) - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Tournament Director - Northeast Ohio Regional Tournament
Tournament Director - Solon High School Science Olympiad Invitational

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
ScottMaurer19

Post by ScottMaurer19 »

nicholasmaurer wrote:I do have a scoresheet for WLS Div C, but I also know of several irregularities that make me question its validity. For example, the scores on the sheet do not match the results I personally submitted for Experimental Design... As another example, our Sounds of Music team who performed better on both the test and device portions is ranked lower than our other team on this scoresheet... Additionally, the scoresheet does not match what was announced at awards. I have not heard back from the Tournament Director yet on these issues. I will post results if/when I have a corrected scoresheet.
I believe you said that they just switched XPD and Anatomy raw scores but not sure about sounds
2017 (r/s/n):

2018 (r/s/n):

2019 (r/s/n):

nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach

Post by nicholasmaurer »

ScottMaurer19 wrote:
nicholasmaurer wrote:I do have a scoresheet for WLS Div C, but I also know of several irregularities that make me question its validity. For example, the scores on the sheet do not match the results I personally submitted for Experimental Design... As another example, our Sounds of Music team who performed better on both the test and device portions is ranked lower than our other team on this scoresheet... Additionally, the scoresheet does not match what was announced at awards. I have not heard back from the Tournament Director yet on these issues. I will post results if/when I have a corrected scoresheet.
I believe you said that they just switched XPD and Anatomy raw scores but not sure about sounds
I believe this is true. I have not gotten confirmation or updated results from WLS.
Assistant Coach and Alumnus ('14) - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Tournament Director - Northeast Ohio Regional Tournament
Tournament Director - Solon High School Science Olympiad Invitational

Return to “2019 Invitationals”