Invitationals in Michigan

kaurs
Division: B
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Invitationals in Michigan

Post by kaurs »

Hello, does anyone happen to know of Invitationals in Michigan that are near Midland. My school normally goes to the Millington Invitational, but this year there was a problem with the event supervisors. We didn't get to an invitational this year, and I think that if we had we would have done much better at states. I would like the oppurtuinity to get to go to one for the 2019-20 season. Does anyone happen to know?
Thanks!
~I'm not sure if this should have gone here or in general chat. I'm still new at this.~
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Invitationals in Michigan

Post by dxu46 »

kaurs wrote:Hello, does anyone happen to know of Invitationals in Michigan that are near Midland. My school normally goes to the Millington Invitational, but this year there was a problem with the event supervisors. We didn't get to an invitational this year, and I think that if we had we would have done much better at states. I would like the oppurtuinity to get to go to one for the 2019-20 season. Does anyone happen to know?
Thanks!
~I'm not sure if this should have gone here or in general chat. I'm still new at this.~
There's a reason this invitational map exists.

EDIT: IDK why, but the socal website link didn't link to the map. There is the invitational wiki, though, as well as a spreadsheet.
pikachu4919
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

dxu46 wrote:
kaurs wrote:Hello, does anyone happen to know of Invitationals in Michigan that are near Midland. My school normally goes to the Millington Invitational, but this year there was a problem with the event supervisors. We didn't get to an invitational this year, and I think that if we had we would have done much better at states. I would like the oppurtuinity to get to go to one for the 2019-20 season. Does anyone happen to know?
Thanks!

EDIT: IDK why, but the socal website link didn't link to the map. There is the invitational wiki, though, as well as a spreadsheet.
Was gonna say, John Richardsim should know a lot about that...
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad

Post by John Richardsim »

The nearest one seems to be the Holt Invitational.

The Ionia Invitational would also be a similar distance, but as far as I can tell it ended up not being held this past year, so I'm not as sure about it being held next year.
bearasauras
State: CA

Post by bearasauras »

dxu46 wrote:
Thanks!

What map? There was never a map.....

Jk jk, sorry, we took it down cause Invites are done for the season. A new an improved map will be available next year!
kaurs
Division: B
Been thanked: 0

Post by kaurs »

thanks everyone!
I feel like it's too early to talk about net year, but everyone seems to be okay with it :) :)
bearasauras
State: CA

Post by bearasauras »

I think it's great to start the discussion. We just don't have much info on next year's Invitationals yet so we took it down to make some improvement on the map.

Return to “2019 Invitationals”