dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: IN

Re: Indiana 2019

Post by dcrxcode » December 2nd, 2018, 7:39 am

Vortexx wrote:
Did Carmel send their best teams here? I heard that they didn't but I just want to varify.
Nope, they send younger teams and bring the older team members for fun, emotional support, and logistical help.

cbrant554
Division: C

Post by cbrant554 » December 2nd, 2018, 11:21 am

dcrxcode wrote:
Vortexx wrote:
Did Carmel send their best teams here? I heard that they didn't but I just want to varify.
Nope, they send younger teams and bring the older team members for fun, emotional support, and logistical help.
Thats actually really cool and a good system for the younger members to learn the system

SciNerd42

Post by SciNerd42 » December 2nd, 2018, 2:37 pm

Raymond Park next weekend? Woo hoo!

cbrant554
Division: C

Post by cbrant554 » December 2nd, 2018, 2:54 pm

SciNerd42 wrote:Raymond Park next weekend? Woo hoo!
Good luck, do you know who all's gonna be there?

TheChiScientist
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist » December 6th, 2018, 5:00 pm

Greetings from your next door neighbors in Illinois! :D I was wondering if anyone from Carmel is lurking around on here and if they know if their team will be in attendance of the UChicago Invitational. Our team is headed down to UChicago but we aren't sure if Carmel will have a presence there like last year. If so then we will be dealing with 3 national qualifying teams! Will make good practice for sure. :)
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me

dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dcrxcode » December 7th, 2018, 3:02 pm

TheChiScientist wrote:Greetings from your next door neighbors in Illinois! :D I was wondering if anyone from Carmel is lurking around on here and if they know if their team will be in attendance of the UChicago Invitational. Our team is headed down to UChicago but we aren't sure if Carmel will have a presence there like last year. If so then we will be dealing with 3 national qualifying teams! Will make good practice for sure. :)
They won't be there.

pikachu4919

Post by pikachu4919 » December 7th, 2018, 4:07 pm

dcrxcode wrote:
TheChiScientist wrote:Greetings from your next door neighbors in Illinois! :D I was wondering if anyone from Carmel is lurking around on here and if they know if their team will be in attendance of the UChicago Invitational. Our team is headed down to UChicago but we aren't sure if Carmel will have a presence there like last year. If so then we will be dealing with 3 national qualifying teams! Will make good practice for sure. :)
They won't be there.
Yeah, Centerville Invitational is on the same day as UChicago this year, and that’s where they’re going instead. I’m sure Stevenson and New Trier should be enough.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '20
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

Not throwin' away my shot!
MY CABBAGES!

pikachu4919's Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Rate my tests!

TheChiScientist
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist » December 7th, 2018, 5:38 pm

pikachu4919 wrote:
dcrxcode wrote:
They won't be there.
Yeah, Centerville Invitational is on the same day as UChicago this year, and that’s where they’re going instead. I’m sure Stevenson and New Trier should be enough.
Oh dang. I hoped to see them there... Oh well. Guess it's just us and NT... Thanks for da info :D
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me

pikachu4919

Post by pikachu4919 » December 8th, 2018, 8:41 pm

I wasn't there today since I have to take five finals this upcoming week and I have two of those five on Monday, but according to Twitter...

Raymond Park Invitational results:

3. Northmont Lightning
2. Tri-North Red
1. Magsig Black

(Top 3 in each event individually are also on Indiana SciOly's Twitter account)

I don't think Raymond Park's teams were scored against the rest of the attending teams, but I'm not entirely sure if I'm correct on that. Byproduct of not being there irl, I guess. Congrats to those who attended! To those who competed in Thermo B, I hope you enjoyed that test I wrote hehe :twisted:
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '20
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

Not throwin' away my shot!
MY CABBAGES!

pikachu4919's Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Rate my tests!

SciNerd42

Post by SciNerd42 » December 9th, 2018, 5:11 am

I don't think Raymond Park's teams were scored against the rest of the attending teams, but I'm not entirely sure if I'm correct on that.

Raymond Park could get medals, but not place overall, per their coach.

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”