Indiana 2019

ScienceIsAwesome
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2019

Post by ScienceIsAwesome »

cbrant554 wrote:Quick question for anyone from Raymond park still around, what color was your state medal because we got, what I think, is silver.
Not sure if trolling, or didn’t do Rocks and Minerals last year :?:
Bread
Division: C
State: IN

Post by Bread »

ScienceIsAwesome wrote:
cbrant554 wrote:Quick question for anyone from Raymond park still around, what color was your state medal because we got, what I think, is silver.
Not sure if trolling, or didn’t do Rocks and Minerals last year :?:
I can assure you he did not do Rocks last year. That was me ;). He was just wondering because we got silver state medals instead of gold state ones. Idk if they didn't have gold or if that was passed out to all the top 5 at state or something else idk.
VHS '22
VU/Reg/State/Nats
Rocks:10/2/3/21
Dynamic:3/2/11/46

Reg/State/Nats
Rocks:1/1/15
Thermo:1/6/29
Roller:3/10/20

VU/Reg/State/Nats
Fossils <3 :1/1/1/2 :D 
Dynamic:4/1/2/26
Thermo:2/1/1/5 :D 
Roller:9/-/1/51 (tier)
Rip maybe next year
RefStuff

Post by RefStuff »

Hi! RP assistant coach here. Our coach is currently on a plane flying out to a well deserved vacation.

I double checked our medals. They are definitely silver. I had gold and silver event medals to compare them to and our state medals are the same color as the silver medals handed out to second place events. They were just on a different ribbon.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful. Maybe someone from Tri-North can chime in with their medal color?
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by builderguy135 »

RefStuff wrote:
Hi! RP assistant coach here. Our coach is currently on a plane flying out to a well deserved vacation.

I double checked our medals. They are definitely silver. I had gold and silver event medals to compare them to and our state medals are the same color as the silver medals handed out to second place events. They were just on a different ribbon.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful. Maybe someone from Tri-North can chime in with their medal color?
Did they use the "regular" state medals from soinc? (same design as nationals medals but obviously smaller)
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
Bread

Post by Bread »

builderguy135 wrote:
RefStuff wrote:

Did they use the "regular" state medals from soinc? (same design as nationals medals but obviously smaller)
I'd assume not. It has IU's logo on one side and then logo for Indiana Science Olympiad on the other.
VHS '22
VU/Reg/State/Nats
Rocks:10/2/3/21
Dynamic:3/2/11/46

Reg/State/Nats
Rocks:1/1/15
Thermo:1/6/29
Roller:3/10/20

VU/Reg/State/Nats
Fossils <3 :1/1/1/2 :D 
Dynamic:4/1/2/26
Thermo:2/1/1/5 :D 
Roller:9/-/1/51 (tier)
Rip maybe next year
dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by dcrxcode »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:From what I recall, Carmel partnered with RP to help them put on their invitational: viewtopic.php?f=294&t=11601. Not sure if there was a connection before that.
East, I'm pretty sure this is exactly why. But there wasn't a Carmel invite this year, just some kids from Carmel helping out at RP. So I'd imagine they got to know each other!
angeryanat

Post by angeryanat »

WendysLvr wrote:
amk578 wrote:
Anomaly wrote: maybe cause they see RP almost like themselves; trying to topple a 1st place steak of TJ similar to how a couple years back Carmel tried (and was successful) in toppling the C 1st place streak of other schools
Also a lot of teams were cheering for RP, simply because they believed RP would beat TJ and wanted TJ to fall.
For the record, RP was cheering on Carmel just the same.
RP feeds into Carmel! <3 <3 <3
splane21

Post by splane21 »

angeryanat wrote:
WendysLvr wrote:
amk578 wrote:
Also a lot of teams were cheering for RP, simply because they believed RP would beat TJ and wanted TJ to fall.
We love our feeder school :!: <3 <3
Carmel HS (IN) '19
Georgia Tech (GA) '23

1st Chemistry Lab-Nationals 2019
1st Experimental Design-Nationals 2019
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CPScienceDude »

splane21 wrote:
angeryanat wrote:
WendysLvr wrote:
I just looked it up and Raymond Park is Warren Township Schools, and Carmel is Carmel Clay?
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
pikachu4919
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

CPScienceDude wrote:
splane21 wrote:
angeryanat wrote:
I just looked it up and Raymond Park is Warren Township Schools, and Carmel is Carmel Clay?
Yeah...that’s right. Even so, the two schools have grown very close to each other recently, especially so this year. I mean I was even invited to write a test for their inaugural invitational (wanted to proctor it too but couldn’t since it was the weekend before final exams for me and I had five of them so...ye)
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”