Indiana 2019

Bread
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: September 18th, 2018, 3:13 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Location: VHS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2019

Post by Bread » November 12th, 2018, 5:59 am

pikachu4919 wrote:What's with the early predictions? We don't even have any results from this season yet :P
I'm too bored to wait till this thread picks up
SciNerd42 wrote:Because it's fun!
And that!
VHS '22
2017
VU/Reg/State/Nats
Rocks:10/2/3/21
Dynamic:3/2/11/46

2018
Reg/State/Nats
Rocks:1/1/15
Thermo:1/6/29
Roller:3/10/20

2019
VU/Reg/State/Nats
Fossils <3 :1/1/1/2 :D 
Dynamic:4/1/2/26
Thermo:2/1/1/5 :D 
Roller:9/-/1/51 (tier)
Rip maybe next year

HerpNerd
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: November 7th, 2018, 4:18 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2019

Post by HerpNerd » November 19th, 2018, 8:13 am

Anyone know what high schools TJ, Raymond Park, and WIlbur Wright feed into? and the success of those teams?

We're trying to figure out if having a middle school team would help our high school success rate a bit more.

Vortexx
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: November 19th, 2018, 8:35 am
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2019

Post by Vortexx » November 19th, 2018, 8:38 am

HerpNerd wrote:Anyone know what high schools TJ, Raymond Park, and WIlbur Wright feed into? and the success of those teams?

We're trying to figure out if having a middle school team would help our high school success rate a bit more.
I know that Wilbur Wright feeds into Munster High School. They are pretty successful, fluctuating between first second and third at state. I know that they did fairly well at the Palatine invitational this weekend.
[hide]Events|2017-Mission, Hovercraft
2018- Mission, Hover, Codebusters, Source Code

pb5754
Member
Member
Posts: 449
Joined: March 5th, 2017, 7:49 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Indiana 2019

Post by pb5754 » November 19th, 2018, 8:47 am

Vortexx wrote:
HerpNerd wrote:Anyone know what high schools TJ, Raymond Park, and Wilbur Wright feed into? and the success of those teams?

We're trying to figure out if having a middle school team would help our high school success rate a bit more.
I know that Wilbur Wright feeds into Munster High School. They are pretty successful, fluctuating between first second and third at state. I know that they did fairly well at the Palatine invitational this weekend.
According to the wiki, Raymond Park feeds into Warren Central and TJ feeds into Valparaiso.
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21

Vortexx
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: November 19th, 2018, 8:35 am
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2019

Post by Vortexx » November 19th, 2018, 8:56 am

My predictions for Div C are:
1. Munster
2. Carmel
3. Lake Central

Munster and Lake Central have already competed against each other this year.
[hide]Events|2017-Mission, Hovercraft
2018- Mission, Hover, Codebusters, Source Code

hmma
Member
Member
Posts: 62
Joined: January 24th, 2018, 8:03 am
Division: Grad
State: VA
Location: Measuring NCSU's gym height
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: Indiana 2019

Post by hmma » November 19th, 2018, 9:31 am

My predictions for Division C:

1. Munster
2. Lake Central
3. Bloomington North
4. John Adams
5. Carmel

Division B:
1. TJ
2. Raymond Park
3. Tri-North

I don't think that Wilbur Wright will even break top 5 this year due to lack of consistency.
These users thanked the author hmma for the post (total 2):
Vortexx2 (March 11th, 2020, 8:52 am) • Cornstalk (March 14th, 2020, 5:57 pm)

User avatar
EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3113
Joined: January 17th, 2009, 7:32 am
Division: Grad
State: MD
Location: At work trying to be a real adult
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 47 times
Contact:

Re: Indiana 2019

Post by EastStroudsburg13 » November 19th, 2018, 11:05 am

hmma on 2/19/18 wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm just stating what has been observed this year, TJ has not made that much of a mark in this year's competition.
hmma on 3/14/18 wrote:I think it's cute that you think Carmel has a chance at beating Munster this year. Munster is the equivalent of TJ in Div C, placing 6th at Nationals (overall) at its best, where Carmel's best is not even close. Additionally, Munster has dominated regionals every year so I wish Carmel luck. I think that post may have been slightly biased based on your origins. I love the enthusiasm however.
Not gonna outright say that Carmel in 5th is a bad prediction, but maybe learn from past mistakes a bit. :?:
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki


So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

HerpNerd
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: November 7th, 2018, 4:18 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2019

Post by HerpNerd » November 19th, 2018, 11:28 am

I wonder why we don't see much of Warren Central or Valparaiso at the High School level then.....

Bread
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: September 18th, 2018, 3:13 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Location: VHS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2019

Post by Bread » November 19th, 2018, 12:23 pm

HerpNerd wrote:I wonder why we don't see much of Warren Central or Valparaiso at the High School level then.....
It's because (Or so I've been told) the way the practices go from TJ compared to VHS are completely different and that it isn't as enjoyable, therefore none of the TJ people try out. I have no idea about Warren Central. Raymond has only picked up in the past few years and I don't know if Warren has even gone to state, so maybe it'll take some time. Valpo used to get top five but ever since I think 2014 they've been getting 6-10.
VHS '22
2017
VU/Reg/State/Nats
Rocks:10/2/3/21
Dynamic:3/2/11/46

2018
Reg/State/Nats
Rocks:1/1/15
Thermo:1/6/29
Roller:3/10/20

2019
VU/Reg/State/Nats
Fossils <3 :1/1/1/2 :D 
Dynamic:4/1/2/26
Thermo:2/1/1/5 :D 
Roller:9/-/1/51 (tier)
Rip maybe next year

User avatar
pikachu4919
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 700
Joined: December 7th, 2012, 2:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: IN
Location: West [Favorite Fightin' Frenchman!]
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Indiana 2019

Post by pikachu4919 » November 19th, 2018, 2:22 pm

pb5754[] wrote:
Vortexx wrote:
HerpNerd wrote:Anyone know what high schools TJ, Raymond Park, and Wilbur Wright feed into? and the success of those teams?

We're trying to figure out if having a middle school team would help our high school success rate a bit more.
I know that Wilbur Wright feeds into Munster High School. They are pretty successful, fluctuating between first second and third at state. I know that they did fairly well at the Palatine invitational this weekend.
According to the wiki, Raymond Park feeds into Warren Central and TJ feeds into Valparaiso.
All three of those pieces of information for each of those middle schools are correct.

Honestly, Carmel has done really well even without a feeder middle school, so while middle school teams that feed into your high school may help, it's not impossible to be good without them (I know because I was only raised in Division C there) :P
Bread wrote:
HerpNerd wrote:I wonder why we don't see much of Warren Central or Valparaiso at the High School level then.....
It's because (Or so I've been told) the way the practices go from TJ compared to VHS are completely different and that it isn't as enjoyable, therefore none of the TJ people try out. I have no idea about Warren Central. Raymond has only picked up in the past few years and I don't know if Warren has even gone to state, so maybe it'll take some time. Valpo used to get top five but ever since I think 2014 they've been getting 6-10.
I would say that it is not uncommon for high schools have vastly different team cultures from the feeder middle schools. This could be based on a number of factors, perhaps the strongest one being that middle school teams tend to be heavily coach driven while that may not be so for high school teams, which may be student driven in varying degrees. However, I can't speak for TJ and Valpo and say that it is the reason for the disparity in state tournament performance.
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
hmma on 2/19/18 wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm just stating what has been observed this year, TJ has not made that much of a mark in this year's competition.
hmma on 3/14/18 wrote:I think it's cute that you think Carmel has a chance at beating Munster this year. Munster is the equivalent of TJ in Div C, placing 6th at Nationals (overall) at its best, where Carmel's best is not even close. Additionally, Munster has dominated regionals every year so I wish Carmel luck. I think that post may have been slightly biased based on your origins. I love the enthusiasm however.
Not gonna outright say that Carmel in 5th is a bad prediction, but maybe learn from past mistakes a bit. :?:
I would say that Carmel has put itself on a pretty intense invitational schedule this year, I think they're going to put up a hard fight to return to nationals and won't go down without one, if they do go down at all. I can't say for sure until I see the results from Centerville and University of Michigan, those will definitely give me more of a perspective on this year's outlook. I wouldn't necessarily use Palatine as a heavy influence on State predictions, esp since it's quite early in the year.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '20
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics


Not throwin' away my shot!
MY CABBAGES!

pikachu4919's Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Rate my tests!

Post Reply

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests