Ohio 2019

Post Reply
nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach
Posts: 416
Joined: May 19th, 2017, 10:55 am
Division: Grad
State: OH
Location: Solon, OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times

Ohio 2019

Post by nicholasmaurer » September 3rd, 2018, 8:33 pm

Coach's Clinic: Centerville Coaching Academy, 10/19-20/18

Div B Invitational Tournaments:
  • Northview - 12/8/18
    Northmont - 1/5/19
    Centerville - 1/12/19
    Kenston - 1/19/19
    Westlake - 1/26/19
    Solon - 2/2/19
    Southview - 2/9/19
    Mentor - 2/16/19
    New Albany - 2/23/19
    West-Liberty Salem - 3/2/19
Div C Invitational Tournaments:
  • Northview - 12/8/18
    Northmont - 1/5/19
    Centerville - 1/12/19
    Thomas Worthington - 1/12/19
    Kenston - 1/19/19
    Westlake - 1/26/19
    Solon - 2/2/19
    Southview - 2/9/19
    Mentor - 2/16/19
    Piqua - 2/16/19
    West-Liberty Salem - 3/2/19
Regional Tournaments:
  • Northeastern (Region 1) at Mentor - 2/23/19
    Western (Region 2) at Piqua - 3/16/19
    Eastern (Region 3) at the University of Akron - 3/9/19
    Northern (Region 4) at St. Ignatius - 3/2/19
    Southwest (Region 5) at Xavier University - 3/9/19
    Central (Region 6) at Grandview Heights - 3/23/19
    Southeastern (Region 7) at Marietta College - 3/9/19
    Northwestern (Region 8) at Bowling Green State University - 3/9/19
Ohio State Tournament: 4/27/19 at The Ohio State University
Assistant Coach and Alumnus ('14) - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Tournament Director - Northeast Ohio Regional Tournament
Tournament Director - Solon High School Science Olympiad Invitational

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

afrohair
Member
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 3:17 am
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ohio 2019

Post by afrohair » October 9th, 2018, 11:42 am

Hey guys,

I'm a first year student studying at the University of Cincinnati. A couple of alumni and I are thinking of starting an invitational here at UC for the next school year (most likely Division C only for now). We believe this would be a great location for Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio teams. If interested, please fill out the google form:

https://goo.gl/forms/axTqBgq8CuC9j7LN2

Thanks and good luck this year
MASON HIGH SCHOOL '18

University of Cincinnati MedSci '22

nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach
Posts: 416
Joined: May 19th, 2017, 10:55 am
Division: Grad
State: OH
Location: Solon, OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Ohio 2019

Post by nicholasmaurer » October 9th, 2018, 2:11 pm

afrohair wrote:Hey guys,

I'm a first year student studying at the University of Cincinnati. A couple of alumni and I are thinking of starting an invitational here at UC for the next school year (most likely Division C only for now). We believe this would be a great location for Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio teams. If interested, please fill out the google form:

https://goo.gl/forms/axTqBgq8CuC9j7LN2

Thanks and good luck this year
I'm curious as to when you'd schedule a new Ohio tournament. There is already a tournament (and sometimes two) every weekend from the first weekend in January until early March...
Assistant Coach and Alumnus ('14) - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Tournament Director - Northeast Ohio Regional Tournament
Tournament Director - Solon High School Science Olympiad Invitational

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4254
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Ohio 2019

Post by Unome » October 9th, 2018, 2:44 pm

nicholasmaurer wrote:
afrohair wrote:Hey guys,

I'm a first year student studying at the University of Cincinnati. A couple of alumni and I are thinking of starting an invitational here at UC for the next school year (most likely Division C only for now). We believe this would be a great location for Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio teams. If interested, please fill out the google form:

https://goo.gl/forms/axTqBgq8CuC9j7LN2

Thanks and good luck this year
I'm curious as to when you'd schedule a new Ohio tournament. There is already a tournament (and sometimes two) every weekend from the first weekend in January until early March...
Per the form, they're looking at sometime during October or November.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

afrohair
Member
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 3:17 am
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ohio 2019

Post by afrohair » October 9th, 2018, 3:52 pm

Unome wrote:
nicholasmaurer wrote:
afrohair wrote:Hey guys,

I'm a first year student studying at the University of Cincinnati. A couple of alumni and I are thinking of starting an invitational here at UC for the next school year (most likely Division C only for now). We believe this would be a great location for Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio teams. If interested, please fill out the google form:

https://goo.gl/forms/axTqBgq8CuC9j7LN2

Thanks and good luck this year
I'm curious as to when you'd schedule a new Ohio tournament. There is already a tournament (and sometimes two) every weekend from the first weekend in January until early March...
Per the form, they're looking at sometime during October or November.
We took into account that January through March will be a very busy time for everyone invitational-wise. We would like to aim for November 30th, 2019 (which would be a lot more ideal for competitors than an October date) but for now, we would like to see if enough teams express interest and what dates they would be available for.
MASON HIGH SCHOOL '18

University of Cincinnati MedSci '22

4Head
Member
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: November 14th, 2016, 11:29 am
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ohio 2019

Post by 4Head » November 5th, 2018, 11:43 am

Predictions for states?
2019 Sounds of Music National Champion

ScottMaurer19
Member
Member
Posts: 592
Joined: January 5th, 2017, 9:39 am
Division: Grad
State: OH
Location: Solon, OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Ohio 2019

Post by ScottMaurer19 » November 5th, 2018, 11:43 am

4Head wrote:Predictions for states?
I think you'll come in last in mousetrap
Solon '19 Captain, CWRU '23
2017 (r/s/n):
Hydro: 3/5/18
Robot Arm: na/1/1
Rocks: 1/1/1

2018 (r/s/n):
Heli: 2/1/7 
Herp: 1/4/4
Mission: 1/1/6
Rocks: 1/1/1
Eco: 6/3/9

2019 (r/s/n):
Fossils: 1/1/1
GLM: 1/1/1
Herp: 1/1/5
Mission: 1/1/3
WS: 4/1/10

Top 3 Medals: 144
Golds: 80

4Head
Member
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: November 14th, 2016, 11:29 am
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ohio 2019

Post by 4Head » November 5th, 2018, 11:44 am

ScottMaurer19 wrote:
4Head wrote:Predictions for states?
I think you'll come in last in mousetrap
not from OH :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
2019 Sounds of Music National Champion

nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach
Posts: 416
Joined: May 19th, 2017, 10:55 am
Division: Grad
State: OH
Location: Solon, OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Ohio 2019

Post by nicholasmaurer » November 5th, 2018, 2:19 pm

4Head wrote:Predictions for states?
Centerville, Mason, Mentor, and Solon will be the top four teams in Division C. Radical predication I know.
Assistant Coach and Alumnus ('14) - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Tournament Director - Northeast Ohio Regional Tournament
Tournament Director - Solon High School Science Olympiad Invitational

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
kate!
Member
Member
Posts: 442
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: Ward Melville HS
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Ohio 2019

Post by kate! » November 5th, 2018, 3:56 pm

My states prediction is that Solon will win Fossils.
Two years ago I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Last year I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and more experiments, yay again!
Now I know stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils, yay for the third time!

Post Reply

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest